• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA: Hackett Sample Sale (London)

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those in London, this may be worth a look (on until Sunday)

I went this morning - suits (including dinner suits) are £150 for two, fitted jackets 2 for £100, shirts 5 for £50, trousers £10. There are all sorts of oddments including quality braces, silk pocket squares, lots of ties etc. It's the best-stocked sample sale I've ever seen - frustratingly many of the suit jackets don't have matching trousers, but there must literally be thousands of suits / jackets on display. If you're a 40R you're in luck as that's what most of the true 'samples' are.

Hackett Sample Sale - TimeOut

My haul was as follows;

Blue DB barathea blazer £50
Heavyweight tweed SB £50
Five shirts £50
Four pairs of wide wale cords (tagged £119 each) £10 each
Tweed flat cap (tagged £45) £5
Black silk braces £5
Cashmere scarf (tagged £119) £20

Happy hunting!

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Omg 38R/S dual vent I will pay a finders fee. Go check on this barims lol

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hate you, Simon. And I'm a 40R. And broke

Richie, if you're serious, you know how to PM me! Serious proxy orders only, peeps

fox81

Reaction score
i hate going to the old truman brewery for these sales.

last time i went to the paul smith one, there was not one mirror in the whole place. not one!!

RikuL

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SimonC
For those in London, this may be worth a look (on until Sunday)

Was well worth it. Saw your post as I was leaving the office, and rushed to have a look. Lots of stuff there at good prices (luckily not so much in my trouser size, didn't have to spend so much), walked away with two overcoats, a pair of trousers and a couple of handkerchiefs. If I've had more time, might have searched and tried on some suits too.

Thanks for the tip!

Riku

UFN

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gawkrodger
balls.
+ 1000. Just got home
frown.gif

/U.

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went earlier this evening despite my better judgment. I ran into Ich_Dien/jimmyoneil, who helped me edit down a lot of my selections over the final hour (he also walked away with some great finds, but it's not my place to say). I took advantage of the 5 shirts for £50-offer after seeing 2 bold button-downs and 3 contrast collar shirts (one tab, one cutaway, one club), whilst spending £15 on 2 bow ties, a foulard scarf and 2 pocket squares. I'll go back on Sunday, time permitting, to do a clean sweep

LeonM

Reaction score
In the (very long) queue waiting to cash out. The place was still well stocked if in disarray.

Found a light weight morning coat, buff DB waistcoat and some cat gut braces.

Recognized barims there. So, I introduced myself.

Thanks to the OP for the tip off.

Leon

uwsmuseumguy

Reaction score
would be very interested in anything in 38/40R with shipping plus a modest fee

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by uwsmuseumguy

If you've never tried Hackett on- be aware that some of their cuts run a liitle different. I'm a 40L and some of their 40l's fit OK but some of the sport coats I had to do a 42L and that was still rather trim.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by uwsmuseumguy
The sale ended one minute after your post I'm afraid. Was great to see you again Barims, I hope you found some nice things today too. Was the stock better today than it was on Friday? I wonder what they will do with all the remaining stock, as there still must be hundreds of items even after this four day frenzy. I managed to get an €850 odd jacket, 130's Loro Piana, for £60 (made by Corneliani if the sleeve lining is anything to go by), and a boiled front collarless evening shirt for £15 in the end.

andas

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip,

I ended up with 5 shirts, 3 ties and 2 hankies.

All shirts: windsor collar, button cuffs
1 Mid blue -gingam
1 light blue -twill
1 purple -solid
1 light blue - solid
1 light blue with brown vertical stripes - staff forgot to take off the security "chip" (standard stuff), anyone know how to take them off?

1 yellow tie with light blue "dots"
1 purple tie with lighter purple and blue "dots"
1 orange tie with grey stripes (linen) - not sure how I should use this one, but who cares... £3 only...
1 blue and 1 red hankie with white dots

All in all very happy - total price: £65

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LeonM
Thanks to the OP for the tip off.
Indeed - all jokes aside, thanks, Simon Leon, I always believed that your avatar was a self portrait, but you were no less gentlemanly. Enjoy your purchases
Originally Posted by Ich_Dien
Was great to see you again Barims, I hope you found some nice things today too. Was the stock better today than it was on Friday? I wonder what they will do with all the remaining stock, as there still must be hundreds of items even after this four day frenzy.
And you. The stock had gone down a little, but not by much. I looked for the smoking jacket you recommended, but I think it was purchased by another after all. Still, I did rather well today. The room looked more or less the same, clothing-wise, once everyone was made to queue, but I didn't get to ask what would be done with it all. Winston couldn't find anything in his size, which is also bad news for Randallr, since they're of similar builds, though he did well elsewhere For £50 (£15 less than Friday, incidentally, and amazingly so - I think they decided to go for the fire sale route to get us out faster), I purchased: * 1 black thin herringbone tailcoat (same model as Leon's, tagged £395) * 1 grey and white-stripe wool formal trousers (a little on the skinny side, so if the tailor can't do much, they may be sold on) * 1 pale yellow double breasted waistcoat (tagged £125). Effectively, an entire morning suit for hundreds less than retail * 1 pair of perriwinkle blue cotton chinos * 1 black silk bow tie (after losing my last one, getting 2 replacements for much less than the first is a godsend) * 1 silk French blue with white vertical stripes knit tie * 1 wine with yellow polka dots crunchy knit tie (possibly my favourite) * 5 linen pocket squares in a variety of prints and colours * 1 yellow striped braces There was also a red/white/blue striped canvas belt, but I think the staff dropped it during packing - dunno where it is, which is a shame. Still, I've never been to a better sample sale

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Top marks on clearing out an entire morning suit!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads