1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

PSA - Grenson Masterpiece and Gravati Blowout

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by ThinkDerm, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Senior member

LOL, I just pulled the trigger on those too!

2. reidrothchild

reidrothchild Senior member

Those wovens look pretty sweet. I'd have grabbed those too if they'd had an 11.5D.

3. Stylego

Stylego Senior member

Those ghillies are nice looking shoes. I was disappointed to see they weren't available anymore. I did pick up a pair of something, which I cannot find on the website any longer. Black, so not the most exciting, but I liked the idea of having a black option other than my one pair of captoe.

4. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

5. Schweino

Schweino Senior member

If you mean http://www.riderbootshop.com/products/8165--Beige-Buck-Captoe.html in 9D then I'm afraid I got them before you.

6. reidrothchild

No, I was looking at the 12D's. I did end up getting the loafer bucks. Given that I'll only end up wearing bucks a couple times per year, I'm not too upset about settling for the loafers, especially for $49. Nice buy, btw. Those are sweet looking shoes.

For anyone who has previously ordered, does Ron send a tracking number? I haven't received one yet. I do realize I have no good reason for being in a hurry to receive bucks at this time of year.

7. dah328

dah328 Senior member

Yes, he usually sends you a tracking number when your order has been shipped.

8. reidrothchild

He must monitor this thread because I received my tracking number within 5 minutes of that post.

9. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

so are you all buying the size 9D and up footwear b/c 8.5 and below there are none.

10. otc

otc Senior member

What does it mean when it says current stock: sold out but sizes available still lists several sizes?

Not sure which metric updates first because it could mean it sold out and the sizes have not been updated...but if there was a live inventory system that tracked sizes, I would think that having any sizes listed would mean there were shoes in stock (could have just gotten some returns and maybe the "current stock" flag is not live updated)

11. RIDER

RIDER Senior member

:)

Actually, just came in the check a PM I received...but glad to see many grabbed the deals! My poor wife is struggling through all the labels now - I got some out this evening but the rest will be out tomorrow. You guys destroyed this one......A LOT of shoes to pack up. Be patient, please. It's just the two of us.

Thanks again to all, and I will have a few more items to post after I return from my last trip of the Season next week.

Basically give away prices now, as I'd like to get everything gone by the new year as we move into a new warehouse location here in town.

Ron

12. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Hi Ron

Is there any update notification on your website that we may sign up to receive? I believe there is an email but I do not get any notifications. Is this setup as "first come, first serve" basis and we just have to keep an eye out?

Thanks,

13. RIDER

RIDER Senior member

Hi -

I have been sending email notifications, in the past, when I added to the offerings, but I didn't have a chance to this time when I starting taking markdowns. It was like a landslide. At this point there will be a few items (a pair of this, a pair of that) that I've yet to list, but all and all what you see is what I have. I'll post one more update next week....unless I run into another crazy deal.

;)

Ron

14. RIDER

RIDER Senior member

I know.....either I don't know what I'm doing, or the system doesn't allow me to 'hide' an item that is sold out. I keep them up in case returns come back. Whenever I delete an item which is sold out, then one pair comes back, I have to relist the entire item from scratch. I really don't know why a size still drops down when we do not have any left in stock.

15. sportin_life

sportin_life Senior member

Ron is awesome! He let me exchange some shoes that I bought from him 2 months ago b/c I never tried them on until recently and realized they were too big, even though it was well beyond his exchange policy.

Couldn't resist, ended up grabbing the suede captoes and the norvegese blucher riders this time around!

p.s. Might not be built into the program, but is there a way to search by size?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  16. kungapa

kungapa Senior member

Ron is indeed a model for customer service. Kudos where kudos is due.

17. reidrothchild

Ron,

Thanks for the amazing deals! At these ridiculous prices, I'd probably buy 90% of the shoes you list if only you had them in my size. I'll be looking forward to your next update.

18. Stylego

Stylego Senior member

No notification yet...anxious to see the shoes. The pair I bought seemed to get stripped from the website after I purchased them.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  19. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

+1

20. Kauai

Kauai Senior member

No picture, but I bought these when they were first posted thinking I would refinish them. I was surprised to discover how much I like the color in person. They work really well with jeans. I recommend trying them.

Also let me add my kudos to Ron for great customer support, flexible returns, fast response, and awesome deals. I can't believe how many items I have picked up over the post couple of months!