• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA - Grenson Masterpiece and Gravati Blowout

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Too many shoes???????

I'm having trouble understanding this concept...................

Does not compute...............

Processing input...........

Does not compute.................

Circuits overloading.............

Error..................

System shutting down in 3....2.....1.......

:cloud:

Im actually going to be selling about 5-10 pairs in the next few weeks so it doesnt make sense to grab anything. Nice shoes but nothing grabs me

When did your girlfriend hack your SF account?

the last girl I dated stalked me on SF. no joke

If you have more than 5 pairs, you are gay

I have about 20 - 25 pairs including 2 pairs of the RL Darlton Wingtip which makes me gayer than, what for it... Neil Patrick Harris' left nut

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Im actually going to be selling about 5-10 pairs in the next few weeks so it doesnt make sense to grab anything. Nice shoes but nothing grabs me

I hate the fact that I remember you are at least 3 sizes too big for me.

PL92106

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with the "older" (maybe not, but guessing) SC/GMPs? The RRP $578 ones with what looks like a purple box, non-channeled soles and rubber heels? Are they as well made as the other RRP $678 SC/GMPs with channeled soles and combo heels? Leather as good? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Anyone have experience with the "older" (maybe not, but guessing) SC/GMPs? The RRP $578 ones with what looks like a purple box, non-channeled soles and rubber heels? Are they as well made as the other RRP $678 SC/GMPs with channeled soles and combo heels? Leather as good? Thanks in advance!

they are great :slayer:

saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have an old pair of the maroon box Grenson for PS and two pairs of the higher end line, and bought a pair of each type in the first round of sales by RR. The maroon box shoes certainly are not as high quality as the Masterpiece line shoes, but they are very well made, probably on par with C&J and higher quality than Alden or AE. Ron is also charging less for them and you will be hard-pressed to find shoes of that quality for that price elsewhere, so its not like they aren't a bargain. Because this is an odds and ends sale if you see something you like in your size you probably shouldn't get hung up on the fact that it isn't from the highest quality line made for PS, its still a great deal.

saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, I snagged those as well as the burnt pine chukkas. They seem different enough in style and color, despite both being burnt pine, that I wasn't really worried about buying both.

PL92106

Reaction score

I have an old pair of the maroon box Grenson for PS and two pairs of the higher end line, and bought a pair of each type in the first round of sales by RR. The maroon box shoes certainly are not as high quality as the Masterpiece line shoes, but they are very well made, probably on par with C&J and higher quality than Alden or AE. Ron is also charging less for them and you will be hard-pressed to find shoes of that quality for that price elsewhere, so its not like they aren't a bargain. Because this is an odds and ends sale if you see something you like in your size you probably shouldn't get hung up on the fact that it isn't from the highest quality line made for PS, its still a great deal.

Don't get me wrong... snagged the brown classic wingtips as soon as I saw them. Just wanted to know if the leather is a sweet as the leather on these:

which are my favorite pair of shoes.

BTW - couldn't help myself and grabbed these: http://www.riderbootshop.com/products/6719-French-Wingtip-Slip%2don-Black-Calf.html
Anyone have idea on the maker? Weston? Guyot?

But I'm showing some restraint and not grabbing those insanely priced Moreschis. Every time I hit F5, I think Ron's trying to kill my bank account.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads