• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA - Great stuff at Shop the Finest

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I went to see Ian at the Shop the Finest warehouse today and checked out his new inventory. He has a lot of stuff that's not online that should be of interest here:

-100 or so pairs of shoes - Borrelli, Sutor Mantellassi and Santoni, in many styles and colors, including some nice Norvegese monks and several chukka boots. There are also a bunch of loafers that I wasn't crazy about, but there's lots of good stuff. The Borrelli shoes are all made by Sutor.

Also some St. Crispin (all euro size 8F, about 7 pairs) - I looked at one pair, a mid-brown cap toe, then refused to look at the others because they were too pretty and not my size. The Italian shoes are all between $299 and $399, I think.

-As usual, he has hundreds of shirts and ties that aren't yet in the system. I barely looked at them as I got caught up in with the jackets and shoes.

-There's a rack full of Barba cotton dress trousers in a sort of light weight canvas twill, all flat front and slim fitting, in light khaki, taupe, dark khaki, dark brown and navy. Very nice - I got a pair in the light khaki - great fit and a nice compromise between a casual chino and a more dressy wool trouser. He seemed to have a full size run in each color. These are all $119 I believe.

-His usually giant selection of Borrelli and Attolini suits and jackets. It's really a Neapolitan clothing Appreciation emporium. Check out this jacket for instance:
LB5532-1.jpg

Completely unlined, 100% cashmere, fits like a snug cardigan. Not cheap at $950, but soooo decadent.

I ended up buying another cashmere Borrelli jacket, 3 roll 2, peak lapel in a muted burgandy and cream herringbone. Totally not what I need but I couldn't resist. I'll post pictures of it one of these days. It isn't on the website.

If you're in Southern California, you should go in there sometime. You can kill a whole day digging through his inventory. Anyone out of town interested in those shoes should give him a call before they go onto ebay. It may be worth your while.

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
I ended up buying another cashmere Borrelli jacket, 3 roll 2, peak lapel in a muted burgandy and cream herringbone. Totally not what I need but I couldn't resist. I'll post pictures of it one of these days. It isn't on the website.

That sounds nuts
bounce2.gif
I'd love to see pics.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
We should arrange a field trip. I've been putting off going to Ian's until I achieve a couple of short-term economic goals and can more easily justify an orgy of self-indulgent spending.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
We should arrange a field trip. I've been putting off going to Ian's until I achieve a couple of short-term economic goals and can more easily justify an orgy of self-indulgent spending.
I always mean to do the same thing, but I went ahead spent some future earnings today anyways. There a many things I didn't buy that I'll be looking for an excuse to get later. I'd be down for a field trip sometime too. Shoe - his prices are in the warehouse are the same as his opening ebay bid price, but lower than the ebay BIN price.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Here's a picture of the jacket I got. I said before that it was burgandy/cream, but I can see now in outdoor light that it's actually pale rose and brown. It's kind of a wild cut, with the peak lapels, but I love the way it fits me. I wouldn't have picked it out unless I got to see it in person.
img0674hz4.jpg

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
Here's a picture of the jacket I got. I said before that it was burgandy/cream, but I can see now in outdoor light that it's actually pale rose and brown. It's kind of a wild cut, with the peak lapels, but I love the way it fits me. I wouldn't have picked it out unless I got to see it in person.
img0674hz4.jpg

Beautiful 30s vintage cut!

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^^^
The funny thing is, I ended up exchanging this and for a more casual tweed field jacket and a few other things. I love the sportcoat, but it's not something I would have worn very often.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads