• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

PSA - great O'Hare Airport shoe shine

NukeMeSlowly

Reaction score
For the record, I have no pecuniary interest in the Shoe Hospital. I merely got a great shine there while waiting at O'Hare for my plane to arrive.

In addition to their individual stands stationed at different points in the airport, they have a full shoe repair facility (where I got my Pimlico chukkas shined) with a large stock of shoe supplies.

I cannot speak to their actual repair work, but their shines are highly recommended. It has been a couple of months now and it is still holding with just some minor touch ups with a cloth.

Larson McCord

Reaction score
any of you that fly through Charlotte should get your shine there too. The stand in the A Terminal does the best job I've seen. I get a polish at least a couple of times a month there.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
One of the most senior guys in my firm always drags me to the shoe shine guys in STL when we're traveling there. "Best shoe shine in the country, son!" Can't tell you how many times I heard that

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Maybe I'll fly out to Chicago for a shoe shine.

- B

You should walk so you can get your money's worth.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
You should walk so you can get your money's worth.

Would you be do kind as to point me to the recent thread where the young man computes how long his Allen-Edmonds soles will last based on miles:day and frequency:week?

I will enter these data in my own commuting device, or quipu, to determine the number of A E seconds that I will need to get to the shine and back.

Thank you.

- B

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will enter these data in my own commuting device, or quipu, to determine the number of A E seconds that I will need to get to the shine and back.

Thank you.

- B

Sounds like a great idea for an iPhone app. You want to financially back me on that? I'll get AAAC to endorse it.

Bounder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice try, Vox. You know better than that. It's a trick question. The answer is one pair. And then you get them recrafted as needed along the way.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.