• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA: Good AEs at Nordstrom Anniversary Sale

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some really hideous AEs, but the following gems:

Evanston - Walnut - $229 - from the "new" collection
McClain - Chili - picture shows unusual but cool pebble grain - $209
Park Ave $209, as usual, Nordstrom claims not to carry brown though (??)

Bought all one of each, plus two Magnanni Toledos in black and brown.

Also see Brooks Brothers for $199 Peal & Co captoe.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They actually have the PA in brown on the web site, but it's not on sale.

adambparker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They probably heard about the Van Maur feeding frenzy and decided not to mark it down.
laugh.gif

Trojanman74

Reaction score
ooh i like the evanston in that color but for that price i have to pass

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trojanman74
ooh i like the evanston in that color but for that price i have to pass

For $229 you are passing? That seems to be a great deal as the Evanston's are hardly on sale being a new model.

smoothie

Reaction score
i for one, do not like the pebble grain on the McClains, but i'm toying with the idea of getting the Evanston

cvac

Reaction score
If you haven't already tried the McClains and like them, be careful. They have an elongated toe that may not be for everyone. I sent mine back b/c there was too much space in the toe compared to the toe space on 4 pairs of AEs I have, all on different lasts.

ziggyosk

Reaction score
I was at Nordstrom the other day and picked up a pair of Weybridge's in Chilli. The prices are great for their AE's right now.

NukeMeSlowly

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cvac
If you haven't already tried the McClains and like them, be careful. They have an elongated toe that may not be for everyone. I sent mine back b/c there was too much space in the toe compared to the toe space on 4 pairs of AEs I have, all on different lasts.

I know your dilemma. I actually go up a half size and down a width with this last - 9C instead of my normal 8.5D.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any one know if the Peal captoes are C & J or Sargent?

cvac

Reaction score
bizarre. I also take an 8.5D in the 2, 4, 5, and old 0 lasts. The Mcclains fit fine except for the elongated toe. I don't think messing with the sizing would've worked b/c the fit would be off in other areas for me. Oddly enough I've tried other #8 lasted shoes by AE and they were way too tight across the small toes and that couldn't be fixed with messing with the sizing...tried that and fit was still off. That's why I avoid the #8 last and most newer AE styles.

Originally Posted by NukeMeSlowly
I know your dilemma. I actually go up a half size and down a width with this last - 9C instead of my normal 8.5D.

Trojanman74

Reaction score
quick question did the evanstons change last recently? i got a "walnut" in the 0 last at a nordstroms return store for 49.99 and im wondering what i picked up

smoothie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ziggyosk
I was at Nordstrom the other day and picked up a pair of Weybridge's in Chilli. The prices are great for their AE's right now.

I picked that up as well. Haven't had chance to wear them. Too scared to scuff them up on first wear!

Francisco D'Anconia

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KObalto
Any one know if the Peal captoes are C & J or Sargent?

There are photos of the heel on this thread. What do the SF nail pattern experts say? Opinion at AAAC is Sargent.

Originally Posted by Trojanman74
quick question did the evanstons change last recently? i got a "walnut" in the 0 last at a nordstroms return store for 49.99 and im wondering what i picked up

Always been on the 0 last. They've only been out about a year or so.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up the Evanston just now. Been looking at this shoe for a while, so its nice to see such a steep discount.

By the way, they list Merlot PAs on sale.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads