• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA: F*** Wilkes Bashford.

farfisa23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That place can **********. Went in at lunch, tried a few things on, two salespeople, standing there watching me, not asking if I needed help, or if I could try another size. Twenty god damn minutes. I walked out.

I know in this economy that expensive men's clothing is jumping off the racks. Every time I walk in that place, it's always the same.

Bleh.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Isn't their warehouse sale going on now? Everybody there is always very nice to me, and almost too attentive.

blackplatano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by farfisa23
That place can **********. Went in at lunch, tried a few things on, two salespeople, standing there watching me, not asking if I needed help, or if I could try another size. Twenty god damn minutes. I walked out.

I know in this economy that expensive men's clothing is jumping off the racks. Every time I walk in that place, it's always the same.

Bleh.

Rude? Yes. But why did it bother you so much to warrant a thread?

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've had excellent remote service from Wilkes as well. They were happy to email me photogrpahs etc.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
I've had excellent remote service from Wilkes as well. They were happy to email me photogrpahs etc.
Alas, gone are the days when they would put a bindle in the pocket of the pants you before you tried them on.

scruff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bleh.

I don't see the relation between poor service and ass eating.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Alas, gone are the days when they would put a bindle in the pocket of the pants you before you tried them on.

Is that street drug slang or something?
confused.gif

farfisa23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blackplatano
Nobody puts baby in a corner!

You guys look like well dressed men...I have longer hair and look like I should be shopping at The Archive down the street. Also, I think they hate Jews.

Originally Posted by scruff
I'm sorry, they can ********** for good service too as 'salad tossing' is becoming for any treatment...

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have longer hair and look like I should be shopping at The Archive down the street.

Hell, I probably wouldn't talk to you either.
devil.gif

don_andomo

Reaction score
You guys look like well dressed men...I have longer hair and look like I should be shopping at The Archive down the street. Also, I think they hate Jews.
iammatt and aportnoy are members of the tribe, aren't they?

farfisa23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hell, I probably wouldn't talk to you either.
devil.gif

Well, I was looking at Paul Smith, Margiela and the Yohji. Do I really need an Oxxford suit?

Some of work at start ups where we get funny looks for wearing suits and ties, let alone Neapolitan bespoke.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Well, I was looking at Paul Smith, Margiela and the Yohji. Do I really need an Oxxford suit? Some of work at start ups where we get funny looks for wearing suits and ties, let alone Neapolitan bespoke.
I was just kidding. Usually, they are very good at not discriminating based on scruffiness, since it is hardly a sign of low purchasing power in the Bay Area. I know other people have had the same experience, but I never have. I have, however, been going in there since I was six years old, so they know me by now.

farfisa23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blackplatano

Originally Posted by scruff

I was just kidding. Usually, they are very good at not discriminating based on scruffiness, since it is hardly a sign of low purchasing power in the Bay Area. I know other people have had the same experience, but I never have. I have, however, been going in there since I was six years old, so they know me by now.

I know you meant it with love. Some of the wealthiest people I know are some of the scruffiest. I dunno, every time I go, it rubs me the wrong, non-ass eating way.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads