PSA: F*** Wilkes Bashford.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by farfisa23, Mar 12, 2009.

1. farfisa23

farfisa23 Senior member

That place can eat my ass. Went in at lunch, tried a few things on, two salespeople, standing there watching me, not asking if I needed help, or if I could try another size. Twenty god damn minutes. I walked out.

I know in this economy that expensive men's clothing is jumping off the racks. Every time I walk in that place, it's always the same.

Bleh.

2. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

it's the same thing at many places too. but i ve found out some are improving so i give them that.

3. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

Isn't their warehouse sale going on now? Everybody there is always very nice to me, and almost too attentive.

4. blackplatano

blackplatano Senior member

That place can eat my ass. Went in at lunch, tried a few things on, two salespeople, standing there watching me, not asking if I needed help, or if I could try another size. Twenty god damn minutes. I walked out.

I know in this economy that expensive men's clothing is jumping off the racks. Every time I walk in that place, it's always the same.

Bleh.

Rude? Yes. But why did it bother you so much to warrant a thread?

5. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

I've had excellent remote service from Wilkes as well. They were happy to email me photogrpahs etc.

6. itsstillmatt

I've had excellent remote service from Wilkes as well. They were happy to email me photogrpahs etc.
    Alas, gone are the days when they would put a bindle in the pocket of the pants you before you tried them on.

7. scruff

scruff Senior member

Bleh.

I don't see the relation between poor service and ass eating.

8. JustinW

JustinW Senior member

Alas, gone are the days when they would put a bindle in the pocket of the pants you before you tried them on.

Is that street drug slang or something? [​IMG]

9. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

One feels bad, one feels good. Ying and Yang.

10. farfisa23

farfisa23 Senior member

Nobody puts baby in a corner!

You guys look like well dressed men...I have longer hair and look like I should be shopping at The Archive down the street. Also, I think they hate Jews.

I'm sorry, they can eat my ass for good service too as 'salad tossing' is becoming for any treatment...

11. itsstillmatt

I have longer hair and look like I should be shopping at The Archive down the street.

Hell, I probably wouldn't talk to you either. [​IMG]

12. don_andomo

don_andomo Active Member

You guys look like well dressed men...I have longer hair and look like I should be shopping at The Archive down the street. Also, I think they hate Jews.
    iammatt and aportnoy are members of the tribe, aren't they?

13. farfisa23

farfisa23 Senior member

Hell, I probably wouldn't talk to you either. [​IMG]

Well, I was looking at Paul Smith, Margiela and the Yohji. Do I really need an Oxxford suit?

Some of work at start ups where we get funny looks for wearing suits and ties, let alone Neapolitan bespoke.

14. itsstillmatt

Well, I was looking at Paul Smith, Margiela and the Yohji. Do I really need an Oxxford suit? Some of work at start ups where we get funny looks for wearing suits and ties, let alone Neapolitan bespoke.
    I was just kidding. Usually, they are very good at not discriminating based on scruffiness, since it is hardly a sign of low purchasing power in the Bay Area. I know other people have had the same experience, but I never have. I have, however, been going in there since I was six years old, so they know me by now.

15. farfisa23

farfisa23 Senior member

I was just kidding. Usually, they are very good at not discriminating based on scruffiness, since it is hardly a sign of low purchasing power in the Bay Area. I know other people have had the same experience, but I never have. I have, however, been going in there since I was six years old, so they know me by now.

I know you meant it with love. Some of the wealthiest people I know are some of the scruffiest. I dunno, every time I go, it rubs me the wrong, non-ass eating way.