• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

    The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

    If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

    Fok and the Styleforum Team.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

PSA: EG, JL and Sutor at Loehman's (NYC)

JohnD356

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2009
Messages
394
Reaction score
2
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but the Loehman's on 16th St. has some Greens, Lobbs and Sutors for sale. The Lobbs/Greens were $399, the Sutors $299 (boxes and bags). Mostly smaller sizes (US 7-9) but some nice loafers and a pair of JL Tiverton's in mid-brown suede sz 7E.

-JD
 

david3558

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2007
Messages
898
Reaction score
63
Would anyone be able to proxy for me? I need a size 9 - best opp for a college student
 

acecow

Distinguished Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2009
Messages
4,138
Reaction score
702
Dammit, I want to live in NY.
 

tj100

Senior Member
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
655
Reaction score
22
Hopefully a selection of Lobb's in size 8E will soon appear on B&S....
 

xudisco07

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2009
Messages
689
Reaction score
8
Originally Posted by david3558
Would anyone be able to proxy for me? I need a size 9 - best opp for a college student


+1. I'm looking for 8.5
 

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Feb 22, 2009
Messages
13,734
Reaction score
2,493
Originally Posted by JohnD356
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but the Loehman's on 16th St. has some Greens, Lobbs and Sutors for sale. The Lobbs/Greens were $399, the Sutors $299 (boxes and bags). Mostly smaller sizes (US 7-9) but some nice loafers and a pair of JL Tiverton's in mid-brown suede sz 7E.

-JD


damn I miss new york city...
 

nmprisons

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2008
Messages
1,212
Reaction score
56
If you are an 8 US, there is a great two eyelet brown suede lobb still there.
 

JohnD356

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2009
Messages
394
Reaction score
2
I've received some PMs about styles/sizes. The EGs were all loafers (not sure on the model, but looked similar to Montpellier/Harrow) in a mid/light brown. Sizes were pretty small (7-8.5UK). Lobbs were more mixed. Tiverton in mid-brown suede 7E was by far the nicest. A similarly sized light brown captoe oxford and a few more loafers. Again, sub-9.5US sizes. Some nice Sutor loafers in dark brown suede too (marked 10 and 8.5). There were also some black mainline Zegna oxfords. I'd say in total, there were 15 or so EG/JL/Sutors around yesterday evening.

I was in and out pretty quickly, but there were also some Luciano Barbera trousers in mid-grey (EU52 and up) and some pretty nice dress shirts from Zegna.
 

JohnD356

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2009
Messages
394
Reaction score
2
Originally Posted by nmprisons
If you are an 8 US, there is a great two eyelet brown suede lobb still there.

Yep, those are the Tivertons. Great shoes on the 8000 last. And, unlike some stuff (especially suede) at these discount places, they were in perfect shape. (I'm selling the same shoes in black below if someone wants to see what they look like).
 

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Feb 22, 2009
Messages
13,734
Reaction score
2,493
Originally Posted by JohnD356
I've received some PMs about styles/sizes. The EGs were all loafers (not sure on the model, but looked similar to Montpellier/Harrow) in a mid/light brown. Sizes were pretty small (7-8.5UK). Lobbs were more mixed. Tiverton in mid-brown suede 7E was by far the nicest. A similarly sized light brown captoe oxford and a few more loafers. Again, sub-9.5US sizes. Some nice Sutor loafers in dark brown suede too (marked 10 and 8.5). There were also some black mainline Zegna oxfords. I'd say in total, there were 15 or so EG/JL/Sutors around yesterday evening.

I was in and out pretty quickly, but there were also some Luciano Barbera trousers in mid-grey (EU52 and up) and some pretty nice dress shirts from Zegna.


Zegna oxfords, how much are they?
 

JohnD356

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2009
Messages
394
Reaction score
2
^^ They were a bit overdone for my taste, so I didn't look.
 

cwh812

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2009
Messages
572
Reaction score
47
Thanks to the OP for the PSA. Here are the Tivertons in my living room.



Uploaded with ImageShack.us
 

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

  • Classic Leather Low-Top

  • Canvas Plimsoll

  • Leather Slip-On

  • Canvas Slip-On

  • Athletic Kicks

  • Leather High-Top


Results are only viewable after voting.

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
435,814
Messages
9,364,431
Members
196,506
Latest member
sgculkhil
Top