1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

PSA EG Chelsa & Sandringham @ kurt geiger (UK only) DEEPdiscount

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by speedster.8, Aug 19, 2008.

1. UnFacconable

UnFacconable Senior member

I can't seem to find the Chelsea in size 10. That's exactly the shoe I'd like to get but looks like I might miss out on this one. Thanks for the tip.

2. DrZRM

DrZRM Senior member

Paid 175 less VAT, so 146 plus shipping.

Did you pay 175 GBP or was it the extra-reduced price of 140 GBP?

3. Bob01

Bob01 Senior member

Soon to be upgrading to a side by side refridgerat
    25% KG online store until Dec 1st! I believe it is online only.

I think only a size 6 and 10 left in the chelsea...might have more sizes in suede. Anyways, here it is for those interested. Code: KGMX08

Nice...I can hear the Sandring Derby in suede calling out to me - anyone out there in the UK feel like playing proxy again? Bonus points if you can do the transaction though ebay (with additional finder's fee) - to get another 30% off :-D

4. penguin vic

penguin vic Senior member

Are the red captoes a dark burgundy? Can't tell from my monitor ...

5. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

Are the red captoes a dark burgundy? Can't tell from my monitor ...

Very, very dark.

6. DrZRM

DrZRM Senior member

Well, my shoes are finally here (just delivered, and I figure there are enough pics on this thread already), I used Selfridges, which was fine (very friendly and good communications) but their shipping was very high. If I had it to do over I'd have used Harrod's, but once the shoes were at Selfridges, I just couldn't start over. All in all, though I'm out about $60 for the difference in shipping, I'm very happy. They feel pretty comfortable out of the box (a bit snug, but I expected that), and I can't wait for a dry day to wear them to work.

Oh, Grimsdale, what color are you using to polish the wine shoes?

7. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

Oh, Grimsdale, what color are you using to polish the wine shoes?

I'm using black on both. I want to darken them and to minimize the difference between them and truly black Chelseas. They're so dark that it hardly matters, but that is the route I've chosen.

8. A Guy from Shanghai

A Guy from Shanghai Senior member

Nice...I can hear the Sandring Derby in suede calling out to me - anyone out there in the UK feel like playing proxy again? Bonus points if you can do the transaction though ebay (with additional finder's fee) - to get another 30% off :-D

+1. I need a pair of 6E in wine/red. Someone care to help?

9. DrZRM

DrZRM Senior member

10. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Senior member

I went into Kurt Geiger on Regent Street today. The lady said that they have all of the leather EG's in every size apart from the Green in UK9 for £175. I did not check the suede. I am happy to do a proxy to any member for a reasonable price. PM me if you wish.

11. A Guy from Shanghai

A Guy from Shanghai Senior member

FYI full diclosure on charges -

On a pair being shipped to the US today (with full £175 insurance) cost = £24.57. Packaging about 60p for a large size mailbag (though some boxes I've done in brown wrapping paper instead), paypal fees on the £30 payment is about £1.50. Do the sums yourself.

As I said, I'll be lucky to get a couple of coffees & muffins out of the whole lot. And considering the time it's taking me to repack/relabel and my usual hourly rate if I was working... yes, you are indeed completely wrong and this is certainly not being done for the money.

Anyway, it's now Thursday lunchtime over here so as I said earlier, UNLESS YOU'VE ALREADY PM'ED ME, NO MORE PROXY ORDERS FROM NOW ON. [​IMG]

PS. It's a Bank Holiday weekend here and I will be out of town, so from Saturday, I won't receive parcels or be able to send them out until the following Tuesday at the earliest. Don't worry, the local Post Office know me very well and will hold anything that arrives on Saturday itself safe & sound for me to get on Tuesday.

PPS. If I'd really wanted to make money doing this, I certainly wouldn't have pZlayed proxy games. I would have ordered 30 pairs in different styles and sizes at £175 each to try to clear out as much of KG's stock as possible, and gradually put them onto eBay as KG's stock in that size/style emptied, with a starting price each of £149.99 to get interest and early bidders. I estimate I'd have made between £50-75 profit on each. I thought about doing it, in fact.

Currently, a forum memeber is kind enough to do the proxy for me. [​IMG]

Question for you guys in US who received shoes from another gracious gentleman Holdfast: Did any of you got hammered on duties?

Holdfast, I read you put full insurance of 175 pound for each pair. How much did you declare on the custom form?

12. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

Holdfast proxied my first pair, and I didn't get hit for duties on either one.

13. UnFacconable

Unfortunately I picked up 2 pairs of Chelseas in wine and navy in UK10 and they are a smidge too large. If anyone is looking for a size UK10 (which for me feels a lot closer to a US11 than a US10.5 - my normal size) please PM me with a reasonable offer. If no one watching this thread is interested, I'll put them up in the B+S forum where they seem to move pretty quickly.

Alternatively, if anyone has any UK9.5s which they are willing to trade, please let me know.

For everyone's benefit, I've attached some pictures of the shoes. Lesson learned: photographing shoes is a lot harder than it looks. I think the first picture shows fairly well how dark these shoes are but that the red and blue do come through a bit.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. UnFacconable

15. UnFacconable

Apologies for continuing to bump this thread. It's come to my attention that my shoes may be F width. Did anyone else receive F width shoes? My understanding was that these only came in E width, and that's what's specified on the boxes.

It's also possible the shoes are mismarked, I can't really say as I don't have any reference points.

EDIT: Confirmed that they are F Width.

16. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

How about a picture of the oval with the size in it?

It seems far more likely that the writing is illegible than that they accidentally made an F width.

17. braindoc

braindoc Active Member

I purchased three pairs of the kurt gieger/egs from Harrods and the blue and green were E width while the wine was F. When I called Harrods they were surprised as they thought they only stocked E in this model. I returned the shoes but unfortunately there were no more Wine in my size (UK11). Were your F's also wine?
    Regards,
    Dan

18. UnFacconable

How about a picture of the oval with the size in it?

It seems far more likely that the writing is illegible than that they accidentally made an F width.

I posted the oval in post 333. My assumption that these only came in E width was flawed as Harrod's has confirmed that they had F width shoes.

19. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

Sorry; I didn't notice. Certainly looks like an F.

My KG Chelseas fit a little bigger than my other 202 EGs in the same size, FWIW.