• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA EG Chelsa & Sandringham @ kurt geiger (UK only) DEEPdiscount

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
Thanks, man. I've been staring at that unhelpfulness since Friday.

ENTER YOUR TRACKING NUMBER ON USPS SITE!
smile.gif

Royal Mail will only track it until they hand over to USPS. Then USPS take over the tracking. No, Royal Mail don't tell you this. But it's true!

For your package, the latest is "Inbound International Arrival, August 23, 2008, 9:13 pm, ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)"

So it's in NYC... close... so very, very close...

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes, it does work. Holdfast, you came through again!

Although I wonder what that means; I fear for customs.

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
ENTER YOUR TRACKING NUMBER ON USPS SITE!
smile.gif

Royal Mail will only track it until they hand over to USPS. Then USPS take over the tracking. No, Royal Mail don't tell you this. But it's true!

worship.gif

Regards.
PS. My first pair is::
Your item arrived in the United States at ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) at 9:13 PM on August 23, 2008. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
Yes, it does work. Holdfast, you came through again!

Although I wonder what that means; I fear for customs.

I wouldn't worry just yet - typically customs in NYC seems to have a backlog of a few days anyway. Arrival on the night of the 23rd means the weekend. So they wouldn't have even processed into the right pile until Monday morning. Then it would take a couple of days to sort and send out for delivery. So I wouldn't say it's been held up specifically yet. Give it 2/3 more days.

Leaveitothexperts

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shikar
I would go with the 8.5E, esp since the 8E was too tight for you. 8.5/9E (UK8.5/US9). Better to err on the slight loose side if one were to risk.

Regards.

Do they loosen up considerably? Should I risk a 9E?

Leaveitothexperts

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shikar
If you dont have a Suede...that would be an awesome shoe to start with!

This would be my first pair of EGs, I don't want to get it in suede and/or dianite sole . . . I want the real thing . . .
smile.gif

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Leaveitothexperts
Do they loosen up considerably? Should I risk a 9E?

A UK9E in a 202 last is a US9.5 at least...even close to a 10. I would think that would be too loose for a US9. You could have risked it in a 888 or for sure in a 101 last.

Originally Posted by Leaveitothexperts
This would be my first pair of EGs, I don't want to get it in suede and/or dianite sole . . . I want the real thing . . .
smile.gif

I would wait, seriously, there will be more opportunity. Its a very expensive shoe, wait a little, get what you reeeaallly want!

Regards.

tomrakewell

Reaction score
Received my Chelseas in wine today. Wearing them right now and must say - contrary to some others - I find them extremely comfortable right out of the box. They have a snug fit, but they fit my feet perfectly ... it's a real joy :) However, there is one thing that I am not sure about: what colour polish and/or cream should I use on these?

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Use a burgundy.

tomrakewell

Reaction score
Thanks for your advice grimslade, but I think I'll alternate between dark brown, Espresso, and burgundy polish, since the wine colour does not really resemble the usual (much lighter) burgundy. It is more like a very dark brown with just a hint of burgundy shining through (mainly at some edges).

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last lot of proxied items sent out today. Hope everyone enjoys their new shoes.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Extreme props to Holdfast on this one! I didn't buy any of these but he really stepped up for a lot of us and should be duly thanked.

Rock on dude!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Pengranger

Reaction score
They didn't have many in 9.5, but I plumped for the Sandringham in wine... They are my first EG's, and something very different to my ever increasing collection!

DSC_0430a.jpg
DSC_0431a-1.jpg

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Originally Posted by aportnoy
Extreme props to Holdfast on this one! I didn't buy any of these but he really stepped up for a lot of us and should be duly thanked.

Rock on dude!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Holdfast.....
worship.gif

Regards.

Bic Pentameter

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I was not able to partake. If anyone got a Chelsea in green, size 7.5 or 8 UK that they are unahppy with, I would be very happy to take it.

Bic

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads