• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

[PSA?] Earn $17,000 in 90 days for just staying in bed?

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The drop out rate must be enormous.

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is no way I could do that to myself, my body feels wretched if I lay in bed for a day or two, but for that long...

Toad

Reaction score
Perfect for homeless people.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I could never do this. I spent 8 days in the hospital with pneumonia a number of years ago, dropped 10 lbs. (from 6'3", 160), and lost all my endurance. My daily exercise the first week I got home was walking to the end of a 50 ft. driveway to get the mail. Then I needed a nap. It was six months before I had my endurance back and another 3-6 months before I had enough explosion to do karate kicks with my pre-illness power. The subjects of this study should be sure to factor in the 2 years of recovery time.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
thats alot to go through for just under $8 an hour

Deluks917

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Burningbarricade
Why don't they just study people who have to stay in bed through illness?

If you went round the hospitals looking for people who have to take 3 months bed rest then surely that would be cheaper for them.

NASA has a big budget.

Persiflage

Reaction score
Plus, I find it hard to imagine a disease or ailment that would render a person bedridden for 3 months that wouldn't also be so severe as to limit useful in medical tests. I mean, you'd have be in a bad way to bedridden for that long.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's not like NASA is taking trips to anywhere cool any time soon, might as well spend it on studying long-haul journeys. It would be cool if they found a way to combat such loss of muscle for the bed ridden. Electric muscle stimulation probably doesn't do much for such a long period.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads