PSA: Drakes Sale has started early

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Threadbearer, Jan 16, 2012.

1. n-domino

n-domino Senior member

I live in the US and it usually takes anywhere from 1-1.5 weeks.

2. sridhar3

sridhar3 Senior member

I guess there are no unicorns left.

I'm trying *so* hard not to buy all the grenadines and wovens in sight.

3. Swede66

Swede66 Senior member

Just placed an order on two ties and a cashmere scarf. So easy to fall in the trap to "buy the price tag rather than the product" on sales. I hop I did not fall into that trap with my purchase today...

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013

4. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Ditto.

There were about 3-4 ties I liked, but none were still in stock by the time I had a chance to look at the site yesterday afteroon. There were a lot of very 30s/70s-influenced ties still remaining (40-year fashion cycle? :) ), none of which were my cup of tea at all. Quite a few nice squares were still around though, so I got 3. One of tigers (I love their somewhat cross-eyed and a bit gormless expressions), and a couple of the ring/medallion styled ones.

Discount level was modest, but did prompt me to get them, so I suppose it was good enough.

I would agree with ETF upthread about it being nicer when you could be confident that certain key items would not go on sale, so you didn't second-guess buying them at other times. I think this still holds true for their solid colour grenadines & knits (I have a couple of the former). But I think he's right that it used to apply to the cashmeres, and now I don't think that's the case anymore. But I can be very Scroogey at times, so I suppose I should just loosen up.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013