1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

PSA: Crockett & Jones Belgrave handgrades $325

Discussion in 'B&S Archive' started by Tarmac, Dec 23, 2007.

1. leon12

leon12 Senior member

That's good to know, I was just about to call.

2. Hard2Fit

Hard2Fit Senior member

I am interested in the size clarification as well. I called the 1-800 number and have been on hold for a while ~ the last 15 minutes ... it doesnt appear as if anyone is there.

Any update? I just noticed that their website doesn't seem synchronized with a stock list. I'm now a little skeptical about getting the two shoes I ordered. . .

3. acrackl

acrackl Well-Known Member

I hung up with no luck. I dont think anyone is there - I might give it another go in a while (its a 1-800 number, just call leave on the speakerphone ...). On C&J can anyone help identify this model offered at YOOX? It is not as good a deal as the Belgrave on Bullock & Jones. But if the model compares favorably with PLAL pricing, I might consider it - especially if I am able to find a YOOX coupon.

4. darkoak

darkoak Senior member

^^ That seems to look like the Polo Ralph Lauren Darlton/Marlow plain front blucher. Might be shell cordovan, too, judging (not 100% sure) on the zoom pic.

5. TCN

TCN Senior member

Any update? I just noticed that their website doesn't seem synchronized with a stock list. I'm now a little skeptical about getting the two shoes I ordered. . .

Have you received a confirmation e-mail or anything yet?

6. Hard2Fit

Hard2Fit Senior member

Just an email that my order was received. Nothing in regards to it being processed/shipped.

7. fusherino

fusherino Senior member

ditto. why do you think they dont have real time inventory on their website? i hope i get my shoes.

8. Hard2Fit

Hard2Fit Senior member

I tried adding 9 pairs of one size of the C&J hand grades to my cart. I then tried to check out. I was never notified that they did not have the inventory for my order. I doubt they have 9 pairs of one size of one shoe in stock.

Does that make sense?

9. stickonatree

stickonatree Senior member

10. TCN

TCN Senior member

Who knows, it's a relatively large outfit, but I would doubt that they have that many pairs.

It must just be prohibitively expensive to have a website that keeps track of inventory, otherwise why would these companies risk pissing off so many people.

11. fusherino

fusherino Senior member

i magine it would actually be quite simple/cheap. i have a friend who works for an online retailer, and their site tracks inventory, and its definately not a big operation. the point about not having 9 pairs, while you make perfect sense, not all sizes are available in both colors. i thought that meant taht at least before the whole crew seems to have gone on holiday break, the inventory was updated, altho they might have sold more than they have in stock since. i dunno just guessing of course.

12. Renault78law

Renault78law Senior member

I shouldn't have clicked on this thread...

13. TCN

TCN Senior member

Update anyone?

14. Hard2Fit

Hard2Fit Senior member

Nothing in my email box.

15. RanMan

RanMan Senior member

Hi guys, the listings are US sizes. In addition, I was told the tan is actually the dark brown shown in the picture. Bit of a gamble there.