1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

PSA: Common Projects $100 @ Theory Men's @ Woodbury Commons

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by constant struggle, Jan 20, 2009.

1. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Got my mid court whites in 44 today and they seem to fit fine. I wear 10.5 in converses and generally wear size 11s.

Does anyone have any advice on how to make it easier to put these shoes on? They were laced already and its too snug for my to just put my feet in, and I can't loosen up the laces enough without making the remnants too short to tie the laces.

HALP.

2. KennyGhetzoff

KennyGhetzoff Senior member

Got my mid court whites in 44 today and they seem to fit fine. I wear 10.5 in converses and generally wear size 11s.

Does anyone have any advice on how to make it easier to put these shoes on? They were laced already and its too snug for my to just put my feet in, and I can't loosen up the laces enough without making the remnants too short to tie the laces.

HALP.

yeah... having same issue. these are for really narrow feet.

3. Ispy

Ispy Senior member

HALP.

If these don't end up working out for you let me know.

4. mistewacko

mistewacko Senior member

i just got two size 42 in white mid-court and black low-court. if they don't fit my size 8.5 flat feet, i'll resell. pm if anyone is interested.

5. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

i just got two size 42 in white mid-court and black low-court. if they don't fit my size 8.5 flat feet, i'll resell. pm if anyone is interested.

i'm a flat footed 8.5 and my desert boot 41's barely fit me, we'll see if the mid court in 41 fit me

6. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

To the guy who can't put his shoes on.

Lace them normally. It helps a lot.

7. landho

landho Senior member

Also, use a shoe horn.

8. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

To the guy who can't put his shoes on. Lace them normally. It helps a lot.
    I can't even fit my foot in the shoe if I lace it normally, as in how it came already in the box (all tied-up). And I thought I had narrow feet.. this takes it to a whole new level lol.

9. mistewacko

mistewacko Senior member

i'm a flat footed 8.5 and my desert boot 41's barely fit me, we'll see if the mid court in 41 fit me

can you wear your desert boots the whole day without any pain?

10. poly800rock

can you wear your desert boots the whole day without any pain?

yeah, they're actually really really comfy...

11. hacksul

hacksul Active Member

Surprisingly my sneakers came today (expected a monday arrival). I originally was told achilles mid but received the mid courts (fine by me). I also received the black court lows and the patent black achilles low all at 41. The 41 courts felt pretty good (almost a little large as I had to readjust the laces to tighten them a little. I can see what people mean regarding the achilles though. They definately felt at least 1/2 size smaller in the length and width (compared both feet and different styles to confirm). Not painful but a little tight. Somebody posted the patents don't stretch as much as the courts but they are not tight enough to be painful (no blisters I hope) but I posted just as an observation. My patents also said display model on the bottom though they looked flawless. The packaging on the other hand could have been better. I had a huge box (could have fit 6 boxes of shoes) with the 3 pairs inside. None of the boxes were tied down and one box opened up during transit so the shoes were floating in the wrapping paper (not much there so I was not quite sure why they even bothered). Also, one of my pairs was missing the dustbag (the opened one so maybe they cannabalized mine to give to someone with a single order?) though these dustbags are not exactly high quality. My JV Chucks came with better dustbags and don't even mention my Y3's! The shoes were extremetly nice (the patents were cool). Not sure if I would pay full retail on these things but definately worth the price I paid. I've got slightly narrow feet and definately not flat footed so no problem fitting the shoes with my feet (wear 8.5 chucks and 9 in adidas/puma/nike) unlike the poster above.

12. rioni

rioni Senior member

Let's see some pics

13. landho

landho Senior member

Part of the discomfort from the Achilles patents lies in the weird way the leather creases, which could cause a slight pinching near the toe. In my experience, it doesn't last too long.

14. Teger

Teger Senior member

I got the black court shoes in 45 today. like em a lot, but if for some reason you REALLY REALLY wanted these I guess I could sell... I did wear them for a few hours today tho.

15. pg600rr

pg600rr Senior member

^honestly who really uses dustbags with their sneakers? I have tossed my CP dust bags the minute I open the box...

16. Teger

Teger Senior member

i use dustbags to hold lose socks [​IMG]

17. hacksul

hacksul Active Member

i use dustbags to hold lose socks [​IMG]
    I do the same with my socks...I also use them to hold shoes/sneakers when I travel (keeps my clothes from getting dirty from the soles). It is also a good place to separate the dirty underwear and socks from each other in the suitcase so I wouldn't throw those things away right away!

18. jet

jet Senior member

This thread is worse than the lanvin shoe thread on sufu.

19. poly800rock

This thread is worse than the lanvin shoe thread on sufu.

except common projects don't all look like shoes for retards like lanvin's do.

20. brohymn

brohymn Senior member

except common projects don't all look like shoes for retards like lanvin's do.

styleforum.net keeps it real