• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA: Cheap David Chu in San Diego

agent86a

Reaction score
Hi all,

Pretty new here but I've learned a ton by reading and wanted to give a small tip that might be useful for those in the San Diego area. I was in the TJ Maxx at 3355 Rosecrans just off the 5 freeway this afternoon and came across a ton of David Chu in the clearance section. I've never seen such high quality merchandise at this location before.

Lots (>25) of beautiful David Chu shirts marked $225 in all sizes marked down to prices in the $39-$59 range. I even saw a couple of very nice heavy duty cashmere David Chu sweaters with $795 tags marked down to $150 in the clearance section. Even at this price they were a little too rich for my blood, but I hope one of you can take advantage!

I grabbed a RL Purple Label cotton navy blazer for $69. Not sure what the original price was, but I imagine at least 10x what TJ Maxx was selling it for. There might be a few other high-end RL items marked way down--I didn't have too much time to go digging. My impression is that these items have been languishing for a while since I doubt this location gets many high-end shoppers.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What kind of RL jacket did you get?I wonder how Purple Label jackets ended up at TJ Max.

agent86a

Reaction score
The purple label I picked up is a casual cotton two button navy sports jacket. It's much more casual than most of the other purple label items I've seen. It is double-vented and fits quite slim. I normally wear a 40R and this jacket was marked 42R but seems to fit well. Made in Italy, although I'm not sure by whom.

Strangely, last year around this time this TJ Maxx location had several pairs of Purple Label pants for about $40-$50. Didn't see any this time though.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by agent86a
The purple label I picked up is a casual cotton two button navy sports jacket. It's much more casual than most of the other purple label items I've seen. It is double-vented and fits quite slim. I normally wear a 40R and this jacket was marked 42R but seems to fit well. Made in Italy, although I'm not sure by whom.

Strangely, last year around this time this TJ Maxx location had several pairs of Purple Label pants for about $40-$50. Didn't see any this time though.

If you post the picture of the tag we can tell.Nice find though.

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
What kind of RL jacket did you get?I wonder how Purple Label jackets ended up at TJ Max.

Tj maxx is a place I wasn't aware they went, but Marshals is a very common place.

Volsgradstudent

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rjmaiorano
Tj maxx is a place I wasn't aware they went, but Marshals is a very common place.

I think they're both owned by the same company.

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holy ****...

Thank god we have people to sell these deals on B&S...

agent86a

Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
If you post the picture of the tag we can tell.Nice find though.

Here is a picture of the jacket and label. Any info as to origin would be helpful. Thanks all

4h74lt.jpg

2cmwx3q.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads