• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA: Catania, Sicily

Danda74

Reaction score
I'm in Sicily right now and I recently tried searching the forum for any worthwhile shopping destinations, but I found almost nothing, and the little I found told me there wasn't anything worth visiting. Today, though, my friend took me to a place in Catania called "Stockhouse", basically a huge outlet type of store. I walk in and there's rows and rows of Jil Sander, Yves Saint Laurent, Margiela, Dolce & Gabbana, Cuccinelli, Alessandrini, Borrelli, Pacciotti, Gucci, Armani, CdG, Dior Homme, LV, Paul Smith, DSquared, Burberry, Moncler, WWM, and tons and tons of more brands I can't remember, both SW&D and MC style stuff. Had bathing suits, gym wear, sneakers, shoes, suits, shirts, pants, jeans, really everything. Everything in the store is 75% off, and more which you can haggle with them. Jil Sander jackets going for 80 euros, Borrelli shirts for 35, Versace, Zegna, and Cuccinelli stuits for 190 euros, and other insane deals. I know this isn't a common destination for most of you but if you are in the area this summer, go in and look. I couldn't believe it. I ended up buying all of this for 170 euros today (75% discount + another 50 euros off): Baracuta G4 Jacket: 380 euros -> 74 euros Borrelli Shirt: 184 euros -> 35 euros Dolce & Gabbana shirt: 155 euros -> 30 euros Maw Polo: 60 euros -> 12 euros WWM t-shirt: 60 euros -> 12 euros Colors of California Flip flops: 30 euros -> 7 euros

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Ive been to the stockhouse, in Messina, Sicily, not Catania - and it is the ****. Amazing deals for really, really cheap. I learned about the haggling way after the fact, unfortunately.

Its like the Sicilian Century 21.

On a side note, are you eating good? That was some of the best food in my life. We left the club in Taormina at 4am, drove home, stopped at a tiny stand in the middle of the countryside, got the hottest fresh baked bread every, went out back and tapped a keg of homemade olive oil, picked ripe tomatoes off the vine, and sprinkled some S&P on them. I swear to god I can still taste that...

Danda74

Reaction score
Ahah yup, I'm actually from Sicily (was born here) I just live in Boston tho. I spend all of my summers here and yeah, there's flavors and foods you won't find anywhere else in the world. Glad you at least have been, people in SW&D are freaking out about the authenticity of this place.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The ******* lemons are mutant I thought they were fake at first. Please go have a fragola con panna for me. I would do anything for one of those here
frown.gif

Bounder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Danda74
Glad you at least have been, people in SW&D are freaking out about the authenticity of this place.
Huh. Who could possibly question the authenticity of a store in Sicily that has designer clothes for 80% off and allows haggling?

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
An outlet selling at 80% off during the saldis is expensive -)

JensenH

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bounder
Huh. Who could possibly question the authenticity of a store in Sicily that has designer clothes for 80% off and allows haggling?

I understand one can find these brands in China at 90%+ off.
laugh.gif

JensenH

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nataku
...Wait a minute. Cucinelli suits for about $100 USD???

No, 190 euro = 238 USD. Still a hell of a buy if the item is authentic.

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like I said 80% off at the outlets during the sales is hardly considered exceptional.

Most of the stuff normally is about 50% or more off the normal store price. The sales tend to start at an additional 50% off these days. So that's at least 75% off.

That's for firsts. It's real. The Zegna outlet I go to your bill comes from Zegna the owner of the outlet. There emails come from zegna.com. The senior staff works at the Zegna shop at times.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nicola
Like I said 80% off at the outlets during the sales is hardly considered exceptional.

Most of the stuff normally is about 50% or more off the normal store price. The sales tend to start at an additional 50% off these days. So that's at least 75% off.

That's for firsts. It's real. The Zegna outlet I go to your bill comes from Zegna the owner of the outlet. There emails come from zegna.com. The senior staff works at the Zegna shop at times.

where are the best places in italy to shop during the saldis?

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saldis vary slightly by region. Our region (Abruzzo ) is usually one week behind the early starts. Still they started offically July 10th. Unoffically the pre sale period started earlier. Zegna was giving people on the mailing list the 50% discount by the June 22th at least. Winter ones will start early Jan.

Best place ? Everybody is basically the same. Find a shop selling the stuff you like.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads