PSA: Brooks Brothers Warehouse Sale

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by aportnoy, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Talbina

Talbina Well-Known Member

did you read the poster that said NO BB1??

No I did not. Still willing to get any other 38R, navy or charcoal with conservative stripes.

2. jcc123

jcc123 Senior member

Fantastic sale. I bought 6 pairs of pants that were originally $250 for just $69 each. Moleskin jacket that was originally $400 for $60. Blue 1818 Loro Piana wool blazer that was originally $528 for $249. People missed out if they only looked on the 4th fl. They had discounts all over the store. In shoes they have a buy one get the second at 50% off. I bought a $398 cashmere scarf for only $60. It's the softest most comfortable scarf I have ever felt in my life.

Lots of stuff marked 50% off. It's a madhouse on the 4th floor though.

3. Psknot

Psknot New Member

Was it an ok deal for me to buy a navy blue BrooksCool suit for $199? I didn't know anything about this line of suit before the purchase but I was looking for a nice summer suit.

4. crazyquik

crazyquik Senior member

Was it an ok deal for me to buy a navy blue BrooksCool suit for $199? I didn't know anything about this line of suit before the purchase but I was looking for a nice summer suit.

You did well.

If you don't like it, you can resale it in the Buying & Selling forum and break even, or maybe make a profit.

5. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Any pics of the goods or the scene in the store?

6. Psknot

Psknot New Member

You did well.

If you don't like it, you can resale it in the Buying & Selling forum and break even, or maybe make a profit.

Thanks. The suit itself looks great, I was just really unsure purchasing it because it has some polyester in it.

7. crazyquik

crazyquik Senior member

Thanks. The suit itself looks great, I was just really unsure purchasing it because it has some polyester in it.

I have a Brookscool suit, and live in the South, and it's wonderful. Mine has a very open weave, so when there is a very light breeze it moves right through the suit.

8. atct86

atct86 Senior member

Anyone going to be buying anything for the for sale forum? I am looking for a good blue 40r interview suit.

9. MHH89

MHH89 Senior member

I was there yesterday and it was a madhouse. I guess there is going to be new stuff everyday this week so its worth a look even if you missed out this weekend. Lots of suits and blazers in many different sizes. They also had alot of good deals on top coats and other outerwear.

I picked up a Madison suit and Brooksease suit along with a houndstooth jacket for under $600.

10. mack11211

mack11211 Senior member

nm

11. Mr. Caber

Mr. Caber Senior member

Further adventures in dickery. Went back last night and found the only Golden Fleece in the store in 50L, on sale for $399 (down from $1900). Bee-yootiful navy with gold pinstripe. [​IMG]
    It wasn't there on Saturday, so they must be restocking a wee bit.
    Hate me.

12. davidsj

davidsj Senior member

When does the sale last until? I would call but I can't use my phone right now...

13. imrit

imrit Member

I got a Golden Fleece yesterday in a 41R for $299 at the sale. My guess is that it had been sitting around for a long time, but in any case I'm pleased.

14. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

It lasts until the 9th. I went yesterday and emerged with a BF OCBD, but nothing more damaging.

15. forex

forex Senior member

It lasts until the 9th. I went yesterday and emerged with a BF OCBD, but nothing more damaging.

Do they have any shell shoes on sale?