• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA: Black Fleece for your lady.

gregaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
^^^SF Groupthink
smile.gif

More like "how to go broke saving money." Same mentality as FatWallet, RetailMeNot, SlickDeals, etc ... CheapThink?
smile.gif

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gregaz
More like "how to go broke saving money." Same mentality as FatWallet, RetailMeNot, SlickDeals, etc ... CheapThink?

smile.gif

The cordo on mine feels quite nice. I believe the chain is sterling silver- it certainly has the right weight. I think it's a great piece and not sure where all the pushback has come from.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I showed this clutch to my wife and she did not like it so I am relieved. I doubt any women will actually use those clutches.

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOLA1
I have one extra if anyone is interested. I'll warn you in advance, I'm going to try and make a profit on it.
Yes, a 190% profit. http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?p=3048313
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
however, i dont condone buying up a hoard or the whole lot of some bargain attainable online and then monopolizing for profit. that i dont condone.
Ah, the greekgeek fiasco. I wonder how many remember - for all those who don't, this turd bought up multiple pairs of PSA-ed shoes in different sizes and tried to flip them on B&S for something like (IIRC) 200% profit. I honestly hope he never made a profit, or at least a profit as big as the one he hoped to make.

DrZRM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is a big difference between this and the greekgeek thing. This seller bought one item, he did not clean out the PSA. My assumption is it came, his wife didn't like it, he tried to sell it at a profit, no harm no foul. In the case of the example you are comparing this to, he didn't only buy his own size, he bought all that he could (if I remember correctly) and tried to flip them. In that case I agreed with the criticism (though I managed to avoid threadshitting IIRC) in this one absolutely not. If you buy an item and it does not work for you, is there some understanding that once it sells out you should only be able to sell it at your cost?

Also, this PSA went up on January 4th, and the link to this clutch went up January 19th. It didn't sell out until March 6th nearly 6 weeks later. Did he really sweep in an buy it out from under anyone? I think this criticism is a bit much. After all, his asking price was better than 90% off of retail. People here buy and sell at a profit, is SF supposed to run like a big commune?

Originally Posted by apropos
Yes, a 190% profit.

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?p=3048313

Ah, the greekgeek fiasco. I wonder how many remember - for all those who don't, this turd bought up multiple pairs of PSA-ed shoes in different sizes and tried to flip them on B&S for something like (IIRC) 200% profit.

I honestly hope he never made a profit, or at least a profit as big as the one he hoped to make.

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DrZRM
There is a big difference between this and the greekgeek thing. This seller bought one item, he did not clean out the PSA. My assumption is it came, his wife didn't like it, he tried to sell it at a profit, no harm no foul. In the case of the example you are comparing this to, he didn't only buy his own size, he bought all that he could (if I remember correctly) and tried to flip them. In that case I agreed with the criticism (though I managed to avoid threadshitting IIRC) in this one absolutely not. If you buy an item and it does not work for you, is there some understanding that once it sells out you should only be able to sell it at your cost?

Also, this PSA went up on January 4th, and the link to this clutch went up January 19th. It didn't sell out until March 6th nearly 6 weeks later. Did he really sweep in an buy it out from under anyone? I think this criticism is a bit much. After all, his asking price was better than 90% off of retail. People here buy and sell at a profit, is SF supposed to run like a big commune?

The first part of my post (with the inline quotation as the 'divider') had nothing to do with the second part. I was not attributing equivalence in any way to NOLA1 and greekgeek.

Except maybe there might be something to be said for someone who would attempt to profit from a PSA - perhaps that it is on a spectrum with scalping on one (extreme) end.

greekgeek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah, the greekgeek fiasco. I wonder how many remember - for all those who don't, this turd bought up multiple pairs of PSA-ed shoes in different sizes and tried to flip them on B&S for something like (IIRC) 200% profit.

I honestly hope he never made a profit, or at least a profit as big as the one he hoped to make.

I am writing this from the small Spanish villa that the tidy income from five pairs of shoes afforded me.

ffffuuuu.gif

greekgeek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Um.

That actually makes it worse, because you were willing to stoop to such depths for a small profit.

Make sure you tell that to all the folks who sent me thank you notes.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Moo bought house off of his Black Fleece sale profits,how come no one's talking about it?

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by greekgeek
Make sure you tell that to all the folks who sent me thank you notes.
Thought experiment - given that the information was freely available here, would any of these note-senders have preferred to purchase their shoes without your (attempt at a) monopoly and subsequent markup? Just wondering.
foo.gif

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by greekgeek
I am writing this from the small Spanish villa that the tidy income from five pairs of shoes afforded me.

ffffuuuu.gif

Really?
facepalm.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads