• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA: Bay Area Folks - Sartorio Kiton 40R's $349 - with PICS!

bmulford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After receiving numerous "sale" notices for Nordstrom Rack, Bloomingdales and Jermys, I felt a visit to the stores was worth it. Turns out, I was right.

For the benefit of my fellow SF members, I took pictures in the one place that I could get away with it; Nordstrom Rack. Bloomingdales staff got a little agro about it, and Jeremys was just too crowded.

Here's the run down:

Jeremys: 30% off everything sale this weekend.

* Luciano Barbara - 5-6 LB suits in 38R-56R. Also had about a dozen LB ties (I picked up one myself). Suits were between $375-$900
* Kiton ties - they had several spring season 7 fold kiton ties - $70
* Roda ties - 3 or 4 Roda's including a white/navy square knit - $50
* Bontoni Derby's - only in size 41, but in perfect condition - $375-$400 approx
* Zenga Black Bal's - $175
* The usual assortment of overpriced Brioni, Dolce, and the like suits.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Bloomingdales: Unadvertised Suit Event - 40% off suits,

*Corneliani and Canali. Pretty good values for suits - $800-900. Sale goes until the 11th in store only.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Nordstroms Rack: 30% off clearance and new stock. Several goodies here. I took quick pics as possible.

* Sartorio Napoli (made by Kiton) Sportcoats - 3 in 40R, $349. I bought one (the only R42 in the store) myself. I arranged the 40R's together in the sportcoat section. They're all fully canvased, beautiful construction, beautiful fabrics. Almost no shoulder padding at all, with unfinished sleeves.
* Pocketsquares: Several Zegna Silk squares $19. Also a few Talbott and Altea's for $9-$19. I arranged them all together in the Tie/shirt section - in the stand that has all royal blue dress shirts (near the shoe area).
* Faconnable Suits - made by Cantarelli - $390-$400. Fully canvased navy, POW, and other suits/sportcoats in sizes 38R-58R.

I'm traveling this coming week, so I can't pick anything up, but the Nordstroms folks said you could buy the coats over the phone and have them ship it.

The squares are mostly Zegna 13x13. The white/paisley ones are Talbot Linen's made in England. Beautiful blue, beige and pink paisley with matching trim. I bought 3 of these myself.

Sep06_0001_Edit.jpg
Sep06_0002_Edit.jpg
Sep06_0003_edit.jpg
Sep06_0004_edit.jpg

The picture quality is bad as I used the cell phone with all kinds of bad lighting going on. All 3 jackets are beautiful. $3k Kiton jackets for $349 - 10 cents on the dollar! The first is a brown/Charcoal with rust windowpanes. The second (multiple shots) is a Tweedish Rust, the last is Brown/Blue in a cashmere wool. The brown/Blue isn't nearly as intense as the picture looks - anyone who lives in SF and is a 40r - check it out.

Sep06_0005_edit.jpg
Sep06_0006_edit.jpg
Sep06_0007_edit.jpg
Sep06_0008_edit.jpg
Sep06_0009_edit.jpg
Sep06_0010_Edit.jpg

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bmulford
* Sartorio Napoli (made by Kiton) Sportcoats - 3 in 40R, $349. I bought one (the only R42 in the store) myself.

You bastard!
devil.gif

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Dang, I check the Rack every few weeks and have NEVER seen Kiton. I didn't even know Nordstrom carried it. If only they had a 38. Thanks for the Yay Area tip.

bmulford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
Dang, I check the Rack every few weeks and have NEVER seen Kiton. I didn't even know Nordstrom carried it. If only they had a 38. Thanks for the Yay Area tip.

The Sartorio is made by Kiton (used to be attolini) but isn't well known - that why I think these didn't move.

I've heard that only the SF and NY store will special order Sartorio's - and that may have been just one season. Its not the norm by any means.

Just so you know - these cuts run small - the 40R may fit a 38R. I bought a Sartorio suit a few months back, and sized up to get a shoulder fit.

justsayno

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks! which nordstrom rack did u go to?

bmulford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by justsayno
thanks! which nordstrom rack did u go to?

Sorry - should have specified this earlier:

555 9th St
San Francisco, CA 94103
(415) 934-1211

The Jeremy's was the SF store on 2nd street.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Rack in downtown Seattle had some Sartorio suits for about $600 last month, but they moved surprisingly quickly.

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
The Rack in downtown Seattle had some Sartorio suits for about $600 last month, but they moved surprisingly quickly.

Bloody. My 12+ visits to the downtown Rack (I hit it every time I get down there from BC) never revealed anything more than Ted Bakers, HF, seasons-old Armanis, etc. among the suit piles.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spatlese
Bloody. My 12+ visits to the downtown Rack (I hit it every time I get down there from BC) never revealed anything more than Ted Bakers, HF, seasons-old Armanis, etc. among the suit piles.
Yeah, 99% of the time the inventory there sucks. The funny thing is that they don't even sell Sartorio up the street at their flagship store.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so,has anyone been able to find anything?I called the store couple of times but couldn't even get anyone on the phone.

sfo423

Reaction score
I stopped by today and they had one Satorio in a 40 left. Nice jacket but didn't fit me well enough to pursue. They did have a lot of Facconable suits and jackets in all sizes left.

Also, some random Zegna Trofeo and Canali jackets in 40 & 42.

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bmulford
* Sartorio Napoli (made by Kiton) Sportcoats - 3 in 40R, $349. I bought one (the only R42 in the store) myself. I arranged the 40R's together in the sportcoat section. They're all fully canvased, beautiful construction, beautiful fabrics. Almost no shoulder padding at all, with unfinished sleeves.

The picture quality is bad as I used the cell phone with all kinds of bad lighting going on. All 3 jackets are beautiful. $3k Kiton jackets for $349 - 10 cents on the dollar! The first is a brown/Charcoal with rust windowpanes. The second (multiple shots) is a Tweedish Rust, the last is Brown/Blue in a cashmere wool. The brown/Blue isn't nearly as intense as the picture looks - anyone who lives in SF and is a 40r - check it out.

Sep06_0006_edit.jpg
Sep06_0007_edit.jpg

Sep06_0008_edit.jpg
Sep06_0009_edit.jpg

There are two of these still there as of today, one in a 54R and one in a 50R, euro sizes of course. They were both over in the 40 sportcoat section. Although the 54R fit me very well in the shoulders, it was just a tad loose under the arms and in the mid-section. It was torture to leave it on the rack, especially at that price, but I really need a 52, not a 54.

What's even sadder is that instead of a Sartorio Napoli, I picked up an Arnold Brant sportcoat. But hey, the fit is really good and with the 75% off on it down to $50, it will make a decent knock-about jacket.

There were a few other diamonds to be found there: a very nice 42L mainline Zegna sportcoat mixed in with the 41Rs. A gun club-like check or overcheck on houndstooth, I don't recall exactly. Sadly that one fit me nearly perfectly, but alas was a L and not an R. IIRC, it was $599 then further marked down another 30%.

I did stock up on some shoe trees though
smile.gif

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My local NR (The Source Mall) is currently only good for shoe trees. In the past they had a great selection of ties including FIG, Zegna, Bizzocchi, Talbott and Duchamp. I've also bought fantastic shoes there for unbelievable prices (Cheaneys for $59).
I'm jealous of you SF SFers because the selection here stinks!

MaxJones

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin

Picked up two of them myself. One was $599, but the other one was $399. I took it to Nordstrom's for alterations and some functioning buttons and $150 each later I've got two gorgeous suits.

If it makes you feel better I hit the Rack at least once a week if I'm in town. I blast through in about 15 minutes normally, but every now and again it's magic.

musicboohoo[1].gif

adambparker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AnGeLiCbOrIs
My local NR (The Source Mall) is currently only good for shoe trees. In the past they had a great selection of ties including FIG, Zegna, Bizzocchi, Talbott and Duchamp. I've also bought fantastic shoes there for unbelievable prices (Cheaneys for $59).
I'm jealous of you SF SFers because the selection here stinks!

Based on the stuff you've been putting on B&S lately, I beg to differ!
devil.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads