• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA: BArneys designer sale

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

ennui

Reaction score
Originally Posted by antsonysf
Blue Lanvin Low>? Then that was me.

Yep. You should come on here more often during sales; I think you would make good money on here just taking orders. I'll be asking for you when I need shoes from Barney's from now on.

antsonysf

Reaction score
I usually put stuff on here during sale time. but can't put directly sales orders, only doing as PSA's

Racove

Reaction score
I am looking for a couple items that are not in stock at my local barneys.
Is it smarter to ask my shop to locate it or contact one of the forum 'affliates'?

The important details ate tax and shipping and how they might be treated differently.
For example, Chicago sales tax is about 10% and I am looking at $200-600 purchase after discount

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Racove
I am looking for a couple items that are not in stock at my local barneys.
Is it smarter to ask my shop to locate it or contact one of the forum 'affliates'?

The important details ate tax and shipping and how they might be treated differently.
For example, Chicago sales tax is about 10% and I am looking at $200-600 purchase after discount

I believe you are going to be charged your local sales tax no matter how you order. I know when I order from their site it charges me tax.

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Caveat
I believe you are going to be charged your local sales tax no matter how you order. I know when I order from their site it charges me tax.

depends, saks and RL never charges sales tax if you call an out of state store, but when i ordered from dior they charged sales tax regardless... never tried barneys but i dont think they will

mathwk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ppllzz
depends, saks and RL never charges sales tax if you call an out of state store, but when i ordered from dior they charged sales tax regardless... never tried barneys but i dont think they will

I did a phone order not long ago from barneys and was charged a local sales tax

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Barney's online charges sales tax if its delivered to any state where they have B&M stores, and I believe its the same if you order from a barney's store over the phone and have it shipped.

antsonysf

Reaction score
Yes we charge local sales tax of where the item is going.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What the hell, all the Richard Chai that was online is gone (as in the page is non-existant) except one shirt.
eh.gif

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ Same thing with Band, albeit a few ties remain.

antsonysf

Reaction score
the online site sells stuff fast. they do not have a lot of inventory to begin with. Most of the time people make an order and it cannot get fulfilled online so they have to find it in stores.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is no way in hell they sold out of Richard Chai by noon EST....

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Barney's online stuff seems to randomly disappear and reappear.
If it's on sale it's really a crapshoot as to whether you'll get it.

sheepster

Reaction score
a lot of the inventory is removed from the website when sales begin..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads