• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA: Barker Black Sample Sale

rboman32

Reaction score
Gentlemen -

Just as a an FYI there will be a sample sale at the Barker Black store in NYC. 50% plus off!!!!!!!

March 10th through the 18th.

I have attached the evite below....also I need a favor for someone in MN....

I want to purchase the Wolfe Pewter Calf Loafer in size 13....picture attached....if anyone is planning on checking out the sale and can help a brother out....please PM me....

Many Thanks!!

RB

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
almost as appealing as the pricing is the idea of unusual samples. looks interesting.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rboman32
Gentlemen -

Just as a an FYI there will be a sample sale at the Barker Black store in NYC. 50% plus off!!!!!!!

March 10th through the 18th.

I have attached the evite below....also I need a favor for someone in MN....

I want to purchase the Wolfe Pewter Calf Loafer in size 13....picture attached....if anyone is planning on checking out the sale and can help a brother out....please PM me....

Many Thanks!!

RB

OMG those are gorgeous, if you run into a 11D..................................
smile.gif

sartort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steven Aver
Anyone check this out today?
The invite above says March 10th through the 18th.

Ed Sullivan

Reaction score
Any buyers today?

dsgNYC

Reaction score
This was posted in the PSA: Manhattan Sales Alert thread RE the Barker Black sample sale -

Originally Posted by norcaltransplant
Re: Barker Black
A fair sized selection with most sizes available. All shoes are half off retail with a shelf full of interesting samples for $425. They also have a pair of lightly scuffed loafers for $200 in size 9, and a bunch of spectators for $350. The shoes were pretty nice for the price though I found that the BB lasts run a bit fuller through the ankle than either EG or Crockett.

Imperator

Reaction score
I went over and picked up some black Granthams today....if you are serious about buying, make sure to build in some time for hunting through the stacks for misplaced models, of which there were many.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Imperator
I went over and picked up some black Granthams today....if you are serious about buying, make sure to build in some time for hunting through the stacks for misplaced models, of which there were many.

What was the damage on the Granthams & did they have a range of sizes?

Imperator

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbris1
What was the damage on the Granthams & did they have a range of sizes?
Only half off, so 425. Pretty steep, but I had already invested an hour looking for the brown suede/leather spectators (to no avail), so I decided to go for it, even though I knew I might be able to pick up a cheaper pair on B&S if I waited long enough. I'm going to try them out--I'm hopeful they'll turn out to have been worth the price. As for sizing, they seemed to have tons of stuff between 7-11.5 (there were probably at least 200 pairs of shoes laid out, maybe more) for most of the models included in the sale, though I wish I had gone in yesterday.

dsgNYC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbris1
Thanks.

Leave some 13s for the rest of us.

Trojanman74

Reaction score
bris you go take a look yet?

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone get me a pair of 11's
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads