PSA: Barbour Beaufort Flyweight jackets - same look, slimmer fit + much lighter

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NorCal_1, Aug 25, 2009.

1. NorCal_1

NorCal_1 Senior member

just wanted to give a head's up to those who love the look of Barbour waxed cotton jackets but hate the weight. boxiness or breathability of the original version

the new flyweight versions look almost identical, have a slimmer more modern cut, are much lighter and much more breathable than the regular versions. Fits much truer to size, too (you can rely on their sizing chart). I would be an XL in the original and yet the Flyweight's Large fits me perfectly and is much slimmer in the waist without being too slim. Not boxy at all any longer.

perfect for warmer climates like California

just bought one and was very impressed and you can find them on sale now on the Internet for half price [​IMG]

Orvis has them on sale at some of their stores right now, too (in-store sales only, not online)

Get the legendary fit and weatherproof protection of an iconic Barbour jacket with a slimmer cut and a lightweight, 4-oz. Sylkoil-wax-finished pure cotton fabric. A storm-flap-equipped two-way front zip shuts out the elements, while the pure cotton tartan lining in the body, sleeves, and hand-warmer pockets adds warmth on brisk days. Large outside bellows pockets. Mobile phone pocket and wallet pocket inside. Soft corduroy collar. Ventilation eyelets. In olive. Pure cotton. Wipe clean. UK.

[​IMG]

2. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

Interesting... so $365 is the half price?

3. NorCal_1

NorCal_1 Senior member

Interesting... so $365 is the half price?

no, that's retail

the stores have them all marked down but they aren't marked down online so call the store to see if they have your size if interested

4. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

5. 518aata

518aata Senior member

I just checked with the Atlanta Orvis store. They stock the Beaufort, but they're not on sale. What store(s) are you aware of that had them on sale? If you don't mind my asking, where on the internet can you get them for half off? Thanks.

6. stylemaven

stylemaven Senior member

I just checked with the Atlanta Orvis store. They stock the Beaufort, but they're not on sale. What store(s) are you aware of that had them on sale? If you don't mind my asking, where on the internet can you get them for half off? Thanks.

+1 would kop on the spot.

7. stylemaven

stylemaven Senior member

Am going by the nyc store tomorrow morning - will report back!

8. NorCal_1

NorCal_1 Senior member

I actually paid $110 in the San Francisco store but the only sizes left were XXL I believe

might be worth calling just in case

I saw some this morning for $189 on the Internet but they didn't have the olive, just the tan color

9. stant62

stant62 Senior member

I actually paid $110 in the San Francisco store but the only sizes left were XXL I believe

might be worth calling just in case

$110?! Great deal! I thought paying $235 for a "regular" Beaufort was a great deal back when I bought my Barbour back in February.

10. NorCal_1

NorCal_1 Senior member

$110?! Great deal! I thought paying $235 for a "regular" Beaufort was a great deal back when I bought my Barbour back in February.

yup,,,I was amazed at the price

might just be that they are getting rid of stock in that one store,,,,I'm not sure, but it's well under their cost

only had 2 XXL's left over the weekend but other Barbour items on sale at different discounts so worth a trip in for those in the Bay area

if somebody calls, post what they tell you is left, so that the store doesn't get a gazillion calls

11. Pezzaturra

Pezzaturra Senior member

Pair it with Trickers and you have a geriatric outfit for British retiree.

12. JensenH

JensenH Senior member

Are you sure it wasn't $120? I bought mine at the S. F. Orvis store for $120 two weeks ago that was marked down 70% from its original price of $400. All the polo and rugby shirts were also 70% off.

13. thizzface

thizzface Senior member

does this one also have the game pocket?

14. JensenH

JensenH Senior member

does this one also have the game pocket?

Unfortunately no.