• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA: Awesome Trickers Shoes for $315 at STP

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
STP usually has a good stock of Trickers, but I thought it's particularly good right now.

All around $315 with a 35% off code ($485)

-Suede chukkas in snuff and tobacco suede, as well as brown calf
-Brown brogues with plain toes
-Wingtip full boots
-Some interesting looking split toe loafers (May take the plunge on these)

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/s~trickers/?perPage=24

Last edited:

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
STP :slayer:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited:

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think there's some confusion as to the quality of Trickers. Are they Grenson level or higher?

Last edited:

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I think there's some confusion as to the quality of Trickers. Are they Grenson level or higher?

I think the Jermyn line (chukka, loafer) is considered pretty high up with English makers. On par with Church at the least.

Edward Green
C&J Handgrade
Trickers
Grenson Rose
Barker Hand-crafted
Alfred Sargent Premier
C&J Benchgrade
Cheaney Signature
Church
Cheaney (most)
Barker non-hand-crafted calf
Sanders calf
Loake 1880
Alfred Sargent Classic
Sanders non-calf, Loake non-calf, Grenson Feathermaster, Barkers non-calf

http://www.styleforum.net/t/174570/english-shoes-quality-heirachy/0_50

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
They've had those for about that price for months now.
The wingtip boots and chukkas are both on the W2298 last which is more or less TTS.
The loafer might be as well but I'm not sure.

Do NOT expect the wingtip boots to fit like Stows.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No confusion, Trickers make very good shoes. More love over in Streetwear, they have a thread for Trickers.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Those wingtip boots are temping. :slayer:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

CTBrummie

Reaction score
I bought a pair last year from STP and the quality was poor in relation to the standard of their usual boots on their usual lasts. The leather was of a noticeably lower quality and I'm not sure they were worth the discounted price having already owned some 'normal' Tricker's. A couple of people have wondered aloud if Tricker's make a line specifically for STP.

Ignore the pretty, flashing 'sale' sign and spend the extra notes to get a proper pair.

Caveat emptor.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Interesting. I have never heard that. I didn't think Tricker's was making a special line for STP.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I bought a pair last year from STP and the quality was poor in relation to the standard of their usual boots on their usual lasts. The leather was of a noticeably lower quality and I'm not sure they were worth the discounted price having already owned some 'normal' Tricker's. A couple of people have wondered aloud if Tricker's make a line specifically for STP.

Ignore the pretty, flashing 'sale' sign and spend the extra notes to get a proper pair.

Caveat emptor.

I own a pair of Tricker's shoes from STP and they're on par with AS for Brooks Brothers, which I also own. They're not great, but not bad and I don't think they're specially made for STP. For me, they were worth the price (I used a 35% off email code in addition to their usual discount, so IIRC I paid about $315). The Trickers lasts tend to be clunky, so I prefer their wingtips and boots.

STP has been getting fairly large shipments of Trickers shoes and boots for about the past year. They list them for about $485, which translates to about $315 with the usual 35% off discount code.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics