1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

PSA: 70% Off all Clearance BB 2 days

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Steven Aver, Dec 9, 2008.

1. unpainted huffheinz

unpainted huffheinz Senior member

I know I wanted to finally get a DB Camel hair coat and the Golden Fleece ones were again some insanely small run of like 12 company wide in my size. Which seems off.

That number sounds about right for an item like that. It still means a total production run of a few hundred coats representing maybe a half million dollars at retail. A lot of Ralph Lauren tailored clothing is produced with even fewer per size.

2. rssmsvc

rssmsvc Senior member

That number sounds about right for an item like that. It still means a total production run of a few hundred coats representing maybe a half million dollars at retail. A lot of Ralph Lauren tailored clothing is produced with even fewer per size.

Really ? That is amazing, I always thought RL would make maybe 100 for a run or so. Actually, now that I think about when I did the visit the NY Mansion a while back they actually only had 1 or 2 in each size for RLPL Suits.

3. unpainted huffheinz

unpainted huffheinz Senior member

Really ? That is amazing, I always thought RL would make maybe 100 for a run or so. Actually, now that I think about when I did the visit the NY Mansion a while back they actually only had 1 or 2 in each size for RLPL Suits.

Ralph has a book distributed to each store with all of the production runs in it for the season. I think there are about 12 common sizes for suits and very few stores other than Chicago and the Mansion get the full run. There were only 4 per size (24 total) of a particular pair of trousers I bought last year.

4. AnGeLiCbOrIs

AnGeLiCbOrIs Senior member

My C&J for peal captoe boots arrived on Friday. They are really comfortable and I like the leather.

I was just wondering whether I can wear them in the rain without causing damage. Can I wear them in the snow?
    They have a storm welt and Dainite soles.

Thanks!

5. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

I presume Peal, but I'm not sure. I have the saddle shoes and those are definitely by Peal.

Peal doesn't make shoes any more, and hasn't for decades. It's a brand that BB owns, that's all.

6. KObalto

KObalto Senior member

I presume Peal, but I'm not sure. I have the saddle shoes and those are definitely by Peal.
    Peal are usually made by Sargent or Alden, sometimes C&J.

7. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

I don't think the Aldens are branded Peal for the most part, but I could be wrong.

8. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

The box and shoe bags for the BF saddle shoes say both Peal and made in England. This rules Alden out, right?

The boots also say made in England, but I don't know about Peal. I have the boots on hold and will pick them up in a week.

9. KObalto

KObalto Senior member

The box and shoe bags for the BF saddle shoes say both Peal and made in England. This rules Alden out, right?

The boots also say made in England, but I don't know about Peal. I have the boots on hold and will pick them up in a week.

Right.

10. Steven Aver

Steven Aver Senior member

The Alden shoes are very easy to identify. Alden does not make that many styles. The shoes marked as made in USA under the calf section, as well as the cordocan page are Alden.

11. KObalto

KObalto Senior member

I don't think the Aldens are branded Peal for the most part, but I could be wrong.

In checking BB's website, the Aldens don't seem to be branded as Peal. Thanks for the correction.

12. Steven Aver

Steven Aver Senior member

FYI: Looks like someone returned a pair of 9.5 perf strap loafers. If anyone wants a pair they are listed back in the clearance section.

13. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

I returned a pair of size 12 chelseas (don't fit), but I returned them in-store, so I've no idea whether they'll reappear.