• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA: 50% off at Ralph Lauren / 40% off Sale Items, Marlows for under $400+tax

cioni2k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Got my shell darltons and had a chance to try them today, penny loafers and wingtips fit fine, the tassels don't fit well and I don't really like the shape of them so will be swapping them for PTBs sometime this week.

I've always wondered this, do the Pennies and the Wingtips fit exactly the same? Same last?

Omar1223

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dear lord, i cannot believe i missed this :brick:

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've always wondered this, do the Pennies and the Wingtips fit exactly the same? Same last?

I don't think wingtips and pennies are on the same last. My size in pennies is 11.5 whereas in wing tips it is 11.The double sole takes a minute to break in..

Last edited:

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't think wingtips and pennies are on the same last. My size in pennies is 11.5 whereas in wing tips it is 11.The double sole takes a minute to break in..

I know for a fact that the wingtip is built on the 325 last. I don't own the penny loafers but I've tried them on a few times. They're not on the 325. It looks like they 314 but I can't be sure. If you email C&J with the markings inside your shoe they'll tell you the last and the actual UK size.

cioni2k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never knew. I always just assumed. I better do some more research before I buy then! The 8.5 Marlow/Darlton Wingtips are a perfect fit

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
are US made RL shoe line (eg Sanderson) by AE or Alden? Sanderson blucher calf/suede wingtips looks similar to AE Player..

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone picked up a pair of Marlow Wingtip's that fit true to size 9D and they aren't working out, shoot me a pm :)

jerrybrowne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Got my shell darltons and had a chance to try them today, penny loafers and wingtips fit fine, the tassels don't fit well and I don't really like the shape of them so will be swapping them for PTBs sometime this week.

I'm thinking of doing something similar - trading the loafers for a pair of PTBs. Do you think they will let you do this in store?
TIA

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm thinking of doing something similar - trading the loafers for a pair of PTBs. Do you think they will let you do this in store?
TIA

Don't see why not,although I've been wearing the tassels at the office today and they are growing on me so I may keep them.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Code expired. Can't believe I missed this! Ughhhhh I dont check SF for a few days and it bites me in the ars.

i missed it by minutes because I decided to "sleep in" that day. ooof

rengler22

Reaction score
Received my RLBL Anthony suit and cashmere sweater. Half off. Can't beat that!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads