• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PS3 vs. Xbox 360... which to go with

Zenny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had a 360 for over a year now, and just picked up a PS3 on a whim, and realised I have most of the best games on my 360. I am going to pickup a couple of console-exclusives like MGS4 etc, but if I had to buy a game that was on both systems, I'd pickup the 360 version because I prefer the analog stick layout.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Early on, 360 was the winner but PS3's library has more or less caught up, and the 2 best games this past year (Uncharted 2 and Demon's Souls) were PS3 exclusives. PS3 has a lot more capability and as the PS3 gets a bigger install base, it's going to get a lot of games that 360 won't.

Funny, if this thread was on a gaming board it would have already devolved into all caps screaming, name-calling, and personal threats.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i am on the fence again, was about to pull the trigger on the ps3 today but not reconsidering... i wish there could just be one clear winner to make it an easy choice!!

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tailorrmade
Bottom line: If you want a Blu ray player and occasional game play, PS3 . . .If you want to play games primarily, 360.

This is a good point. I'm definitely the former, which is why I favor the PS3 so strongly. I also tend to like games that aren't platform-exclusive (the only two I have right now are NCAA Football 10 and GTA IV), so the availability of certain games hasn't yet been an issue for me.

Originally Posted by munchausen
Early on, 360 was the winner but PS3's library has more or less caught up, and the 2 best games this past year (Uncharted 2 and Demon's Souls) were PS3 exclusives. PS3 has a lot more capability and as the PS3 gets a bigger install base, it's going to get a lot of games that 360 won't.

Funny, if this thread was on a gaming board it would have already devolved into all caps screaming, name-calling, and personal threats.

That's why we have CE. We get all of the screaming out on one forum so we can dispense useful advice elsewhere.
smile.gif

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by munchausen

Playing COD:MW online is much better on the 360. Just saying.

Also, it's 90% certain that Sony will soon start charging fees for premium services on the PSN.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
Also, it's 90% certain that Sony will soon start charging fees for premium services on the PSN.

Really? That sucks! I hadn't heard anything about this.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
Playing COD:MW online is much better on the 360. Just saying.

Out of curiosity why is the Xbox 360 COD:MW online experience better? does it run more smoothly? or is it just because there are more people to play with? mostly all my firends have both 360 and ps3, so lack of people to play against online with the ps3 will not be an issue...

but if the gameplay is choppy or something with the ps3 online that will be an issue.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pg600rr
Out of curiosity why is the Xbox 360 COD:MW online experience better? does it run more smoothly? or is it just because there are more people to play with? mostly all my firends have both 360 and ps3, so lack of people to play against online with the ps3 will not be an issue...

but if the gameplay is choppy or something with the ps3 online that will be an issue.

A more mature crowd, more people have headsets and thus better communication/overall experience.

Performance is identical, although the 360 has a slight edge on frame rates and such:
http://www.lensoftruth.com/?p=16236

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I don't really care for Call of Duty so it's never been an issue for me. Games like that are better played on PC anyway.

frederik_jon

Reaction score
PS3 Owns Xbox imo, but ive always had playstation since the first one.
There are alot good games for ps3 at the market, sooner or later there will
come 3D gaming to playstation might come to Xbox too. When you get tired
of playing you can lean back and watch a bluray movie
smile.gif

Also i prefer PS3 controllers over Xbox.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Originally Posted by frederik_jon
PS3 Owns Xbox imo, but ive always had playstation since the first one.
There are alot good games for ps3 at the market, sooner or later there will
come 3D gaming to playstation might come to Xbox too. When you get tired
of playing you can lean back and watch a bluray movie
smile.gif

Also i prefer PS3 controllers over Xbox.

PS3 controllers are WAYYY to fragile. Those things break so easily. I haven't once had to replace any xbox controllers.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven
PS3 controllers are WAYYY to fragile. Those things break so easily. I haven't once had to replace any xbox controllers.

You should either play easier games or get anger management counseling
tounge.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads