• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PS Shoes on ebay

drljva

Reaction score
Saw these on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....IT&rd=1 I'm not familiar with Paul  Stuart's shoes. Thanks to Bennies, though, I am familiar with Grenson. Are these PS shoes any good? Since these shoes retail for $575, I guessing that these aren't Grenson Masterpieces, right?  Thanks.

Patrick Bateman

Reaction score
Saw these on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....IT&rd=1 I'm not familiar with Paul  Stuart's shoes. Thanks to Bennies, though, I am familiar with Grenson. Are these PS shoes any good? Since these shoes retail for $575, I guessing that these aren't Grenson Masterpieces, right?  Thanks.
They are definitely Grenson Masterpieces sold under the Paul Stuart "Stuart's Choice" label.

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
good loooking shoes. if they were my size, i would grab them with no hesitation.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm tempted to jump on these, as they're my size. Very nice shoes. These are identical to what Bennie's was selling though several months ago. I keep expecting that Bennie's will get in a new shipment.

drljva

Reaction score
To follow up on my previous post... I emailed the seller asking how the shoes were marked inside. He replied

"8002/15 13D"

The 13D is _US_, I assume? And the 8002/15 refers to what?

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought that exact shoe in 7.5D at the PS sale. It's definitely Grenson Masterpiece and a US size. I don't know what the numbers mean. You won't be disappointed with these shoes. I just hope I can get that much for the pairs I bought to flip.

dan

drljva

Reaction score
I bought that exact shoe in 7.5D at the PS sale. Â It's definitely Grenson Masterpiece and a US size. Â I don't know what the numbers mean. Â You won't be disappointed with these shoes. Â I just hope I can get that much for the pairs I bought to flip. dan
Wow: sounds like you got a great deal on those shoes you're planning to flip.
wow.gif

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
And the 8002/15 refers to what?
The "8002" seems to be the model number and the "15" is the color (by general agreement).

I bought the plain captoe version of these from Bennie's. They're great shoes. I actually would have preferred a punch-cap a little better than the plain.

drljva

Reaction score
(drljva @ May 11 2005,11:13) And the 8002/15 refers to what?
The "8002" seems to be the model number and the "15" is the color (by general agreement). I bought the plain captoe version of these from Bennie's. They're great shoes. I actually would have preferred a punch-cap a little better than the plain.
AlanC, Were the shoes you bought from Bennies the same color as these? These shoes seem quite red, whereas the Bennies shoes, I seem to recall, were more tan/cognac in color...

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Just checked and mine are "8001/17", so I guess the color is different. Mine were the "cognac" as sold by Bennie's. It's hard to compare colors with the picture on the screen and mine have been polished, so I can't really say.

marc37

Reaction score
Definately masterpieces. The opening bid seems alittle high compared to the prices Paul Stuart and Bennies offer them for.

BTW: l still haven't recieved my materpieces from Paul Stuart yet. What's going on. l have been waiting ages for a certain forum member to send them. l hope they turn up soon. They are black side laced shoes.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely masterpieces. The opening bid seems alittle high compared to the prices Paul Stuart and Bennies offer them for.
I think the Bennie's prices were low in large part because many of the shoes were marked "Irregular" -- that is, they were rejects not deemed good enough for regular retail. (I bought several pairs though and only noticed a minor defect in one of them.) As for Paul Stuart's prices, $175 for these is an incredible bargain -- PS charges at least $575 for these (might be $625; I haven't checked their website). The PS firesale last month was a very unusual occurrence -- the first time PS has had such a sale in 4 or 5 years.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads