1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

PS Shoes on ebay

Discussion in 'B&S Archive' started by drljva, May 11, 2005.

1. drljva

drljva Senior member

Saw these on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....IT&rd=1 I'm not familiar with Paul  Stuart's shoes. Thanks to Bennies, though, I am familiar with Grenson. Are these PS shoes any good? Since these shoes retail for $575, I guessing that these aren't Grenson Masterpieces, right?  Thanks.

2. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

They look like grenson masterpieces to my eye.

3. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Senior member

They are definitely Grenson Masterpieces sold under the Paul Stuart "Stuart's Choice" label.

4. MilanoStyle

MilanoStyle Senior member

good loooking shoes. if they were my size, i would grab them with no hesitation.

5. kabert

kabert Senior member

I'm tempted to jump on these, as they're my size. Very nice shoes. These are identical to what Bennie's was selling though several months ago. I keep expecting that Bennie's will get in a new shipment.

6. drljva

drljva Senior member

To follow up on my previous post... I emailed the seller asking how the shoes were marked inside. He replied

"8002/15 13D"

The 13D is _US_, I assume? And the 8002/15 refers to what?

7. dah328

dah328 Senior member

I bought that exact shoe in 7.5D at the PS sale. It's definitely Grenson Masterpiece and a US size. I don't know what the numbers mean. You won't be disappointed with these shoes. I just hope I can get that much for the pairs I bought to flip.

dan

8. drljva

drljva Senior member

Wow: sounds like you got a great deal on those shoes you're planning to flip. [​IMG]

9. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

The "8002" seems to be the model number and the "15" is the color (by general agreement).

I bought the plain captoe version of these from Bennie's. They're great shoes. I actually would have preferred a punch-cap a little better than the plain.

10. drljva

drljva Senior member

(drljva @ May 11 2005,11:13) And the 8002/15 refers to what?
    The "8002" seems to be the model number and the "15" is the color (by general agreement). I bought the plain captoe version of these from Bennie's. They're great shoes. I actually would have preferred a punch-cap a little better than the plain.
    AlanC, Were the shoes you bought from Bennies the same color as these? These shoes seem quite red, whereas the Bennies shoes, I seem to recall, were more tan/cognac in color...

11. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

Just checked and mine are "8001/17", so I guess the color is different. Mine were the "cognac" as sold by Bennie's. It's hard to compare colors with the picture on the screen and mine have been polished, so I can't really say.

12. cloud9eleet

cloud9eleet Senior member

How much were these at the PS sale?

13. bry2000

bry2000 Senior member

The shoes in question are the Grenson Masterpiece Rugbys. I bought a pair from Bennies last year in cognac. Paul Stuart had been carry in them in brown as well.

14. marc37

marc37 Senior member

Definately masterpieces. The opening bid seems alittle high compared to the prices Paul Stuart and Bennies offer them for.

BTW: l still haven't recieved my materpieces from Paul Stuart yet. What's going on. l have been waiting ages for a certain forum member to send them. l hope they turn up soon. They are black side laced shoes.

15. kabert

kabert Senior member

I think the Bennie's prices were low in large part because many of the shoes were marked "Irregular" -- that is, they were rejects not deemed good enough for regular retail. (I bought several pairs though and only noticed a minor defect in one of them.) As for Paul Stuart's prices, $175 for these is an incredible bargain -- PS charges at least $575 for these (might be $625; I haven't checked their website). The PS firesale last month was a very unusual occurrence -- the first time PS has had such a sale in 4 or 5 years.