• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Prudish Girlfriends?

JesseJB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you guys prefer your s/o's to be prudish? What would you do if your girlfriend basically told you that you will never see her in a bikini (even though she has a rocking body) and will see you at the beach/hot tub partys this summer wearing a tee shirt and man-shorts?
plain.gif

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JesseJB
Do you guys prefer your s/o's to be prudish? What would you do if your girlfriend basically told you that you will never see her in a bikini (even though she has a rocking body) and will see you at the beach/hot tub partys this summer wearing a tee shirt and man-shorts?
plain.gif

I like a lady on the streets and a freak in the sheets. I say, yeeeaaah, yeeeaaah! How else is she prudish? This sounds more like body issues than just being a prude. ... also, please provide proof of rocking body so that we may determine the best sort of action and/or outfit.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lick her asshole. That'll open her to a world of wonder.

JesseJB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JoeWoah
I like a lady on the streets and a freak in the sheets. I say, yeeeaaah, yeeeaaah!

How else is she prudish? This sound more like body issues than just being a prude.

... also, please provide proof of rocking body so that we may determine the best sort of action and/or outfit.

Former Catholic/midwesterner. She was a bit of a tomboy when we met last year. Thats slowly changing with my magic. But wearing a damn burqua to the beach or a hot tub party...thats just too much. We've never argued much before but I almost lost it when she told me that.

Usually her response is "why do you want other men to look at me?"
But thats kind of it. Men like to show off their lady. Its an ego thing I guess. Your woman reflects on you. Therefore, if youre the only guy on the Riviera whos girlfriend is wearing a burlap sack, its kind of embarassing. And its nice to be able to check her out before we hit the sheets once in a while.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Former Catholic/midwesterner. She was a bit of a tomboy when we met last year. Thats slowly changing with my magic. But wearing a damn burqua to the beach or a hot tub party...thats just too much.

Take her to J Crew and get something like:

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Wome...2933/12933.jsp

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Wome...2772/12772.jsp

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Wome...0235/10235.jsp

Or coverup's when she's not swimming: http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Wome...chcoverups.jsp

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JoeWoah
... also, please provide proof of rocking body so that we may determine the best sort of action and/or outfit.

+1

Originally Posted by robertorex
lick her asshole. That'll open her to a world of wonder.

+100

Something tells me that she is very uptight in the sack. If that is important to you, you need to get to work on opening her up now, figuratively and literally.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My god this just might work.

When in doubt, take a girl to J. Crew.
teacha.gif

mgoose

Reaction score
Talking point: The movie "Shallow Hal"

Not a great movie, but is sparked the following discussion among my friend and I. Would you want to date a girl who, to you, looked so freaking hot, but everyone else saw her as ugly? And the conclusion we all came to is that half the fun of having a hot girlfriend is being able to show her off and make your friends jealous.

So yeah it's nice if she shows it off a in a socially acceptable kind of way, it feeds into our male egos which, for most of us, are the most important thing we have.

JesseJB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mgoose
Talking point: The movie "Shallow Hal"

Not a great movie, but is sparked the following discussion among my friend and I. Would you want to date a girl who, to you, looked so freaking hot, but everyone else saw her as ugly? And the conclusion we all came to is that half the fun of having a hot girlfriend is being able to show her off and make your friends jealous.

So yeah it's nice if she shows it off a in a socially acceptable kind of way, it feeds into our male egos which, for most of us, are the most important thing we have.

Exactly my point. Also, I think guys that want their girlfriends to cover up excessively are insecure, pin-dicked future spouse abusers.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Exactly my point. Also, I think guys that want their girlfriends to cover up excessively are insecure, pin-dicked future spouse abusers.

+1.

burka.jpg

blackplatano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No. For you need to define excessive.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Former Catholic/midwesterner. She was a bit of a tomboy when we met last year. Thats slowly changing with my magic. But wearing a damn burqua to the beach or a hot tub party...thats just too much. We've never argued much before but I almost lost it when she told me that.
Which is just as bad as pin-dicked assholes who want their women to cover head-to-toe. You almost "lost it"? Really?

It's her body, her level of comfort. If the degree to which you enjoy spending time with her/love her/whatever varies based on the extent to which you can show her off to your bros, you've got issues. Brah.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blackplatano
No. For you need to define excessive.

4fdf24877c8399c0983c662bff19af98_cheeseburger.flv_0001.jpg

JesseJB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by milosz
Which is just as bad as pin-dicked assholes who want their women to cover head-to-toe. You almost "lost it"? Really?

It's her body, her level of comfort. If the degree to which you enjoy spending time with her/love her/whatever varies based on the extent to which you can show her off to your bros, you've got issues. Brah.

Well not "lost it" but I was like "are you KIDDING me right now?" Its just well...lame. Im 26, man. I'll be an old couple when Im old.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads