• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PRPS BOOTCUT JEANS Advice

viperroom11

Reaction score
This is my first thread and I really need some advice from any PRPS jean owners, or anyone who knows their PRPS jeans. I've never worn or purchased PRPS jeans before, but they have definately caught my eye. My concern revolves around finding the perfect fit. Unfortunately there are no PRPS distributors where I live, and I fear I may have to order them offline. I need to know how their GTO boot cut jeans tend to fit. I have not bought a pair of jeans in forever, and my go-to jeans are an old pair of Abercrombie Chugger Boots that are a perfect fit. THey are a size 32/31, and I tend to wear my jeans below the waist. Basically I need to know if they run big/small long/short. A big concern is that they'll fit in the waist, but have entirely too much length(as most of the prps jeans I have seen only go off one measurement) Will a 32 be too long? Is a 31 more ideal? I need to get this right given their price, and the fact that the store in question doesn't offer any refunds or exchanges. Happy new years everyone! Thanks so much!

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My old gto's (sold them) size 32w had and 33.5" inseam and I believe the waist using the BIG method came out to almost 34". I think the waist are a little bigger on the GTO than impala and other fits. So to answer your question, they run a little bit big in the waist but, they are made to be worn lower, or at least I think so. And your probably going have to get them hemmed.

Wear to do plan on purchasing that doesn't allow a exchange/return, Newton Store in Japan? If you figure out your size, just ask Mauro to special order the style you want. He hooks it up!!!

viperroom11

Reaction score
Who is Mauro? What is the Big Method? The Newton store was definately the place I intended on ordering. Do you think size 32 would be the way to go or no? THey had 31's as well and if those are more like a 33 with say a 30-31.5 L then that would be ideal. THanks again for all the help eckklk.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am mauro and I can get you any PRPS jean you need.
I have a couple stores in the DC area and am an affilate of Style forum.

I believe the boot cut is soon to be canceled from the PRPS fit cycle.
Let me know what you would like and I will do my best to help you.
Best,
mauro

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mauro, is the the owner of Farinelli's, one of SF's affiliates. Look up top!

As for the Blue In Green method see here: http://blueingreensoho.com/site/inde...d=30&Itemid=41

I wouldn't size down but, I like to jeans my jeans or the loose side . All the 32w I've owned had a 33-34.5" inseam depending on the wash, a 31w may take you to a 32" inseam. The hem on these are huge, about 10".

Which wash are you getting? I've ordered from Takashi before and the Newton Store is legit with fast shipping but, EMS shipping is murder, what's is now like 30.00-36.00usd? Trust me, go with Farinelli's, Mauro will hook you up. Give him a PM or call the store.

viperroom11

Reaction score
Wow. The two of you are on point and very quick to respond. I

was interested in purchasing a few pairs of PRPS jeans, but was still trying to figure out exactly which size to go with, although it appears that the 32 may be the way to go. The pairs I was interested in were the Dark Burner GTO ( boot cut), Charcoal GTO, and possibly a pair or two of the kickers. What are your prices on any or all of these? THe kickers are also boot cut right? I was wondering what the difference was if any between the two. I really liked the kickers with the rine stone on the back right pockets. THank you both so much for trying to help me out. Really means a lot. Have a great day guys!

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kicker fit and GTO are the same thing.

I think you mean metal studs and not rhine stones. And if you are referring to the ones Beckham has been seen wearing in the past, and think they are sold out period. I recall seeing some limited edition (about 50 worldwide) PRPS jeans with the metal studs on the back in kicker. P45P38Y is the style number. google it.

viperroom11

Reaction score
Yes, the pair with the metal studs was indeed the pair I was talking about. I'm shocked this wasn't flamed as soon as I said rhine stone. I have found one website with them, but am a bit apprehensive until I know the exact size I'd need for an ideal fit.

You seem to have a lot of experience with PRPS. Would you say their pants run long? Id be wearing them with boots and wanted to make sure these would fit over them. Size 32 seems to be ideal, but the length definately has me concerned although I hear their measurements are not as long as they say. Thanks again for all the help man. Really appreciate it.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
PM me I will call prps monday

viperroom11

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mauro
PM me I will call prps monday

I definately will. Just trying to make sure the 32 is exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you both for all the help. You guys have been awesome!

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The GTO's inseams are longer than the other cuts. I would get the 32w and get them hemmed.

What is the look or fit you desire. These are more of relaxed bootcut. At a 9.5-10" hem I'm quite sure they will over your boots.

jared_nomak

Reaction score
Sorry to highjack the thread, I'm also looking to try and get hold of any of the PRPS, that Beckham has been seen wearing, any idea's or websites you can point me too or places in the Uk (Even better Scotland) you can point me too. Can anyone give me the model numbers he's been seen wearing including the paint splashed ones and the ones with the studds.

Thanks
Ross

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jared_nomak
Sorry to highjack the thread, I'm also looking to try and get hold of any of the PRPS, that Beckham has been seen wearing, any idea's or websites you can point me too or places in the Uk (Even better Scotland) you can point me too. Can anyone give me the model numbers he's been seen wearing including the paint splashed ones and the ones with the studds.

Thanks
Ross

The paint splash ones you are referring to are style number P31P01AA and the studded ones are P35P05B. They are both old styles from past seasons, your best bet is to contact Mauro, as mentioned above and see if he can special order them for you.

Beckham is has also worn:
P29P01BB Dark Burner
P29P02BB Dark Burner GTO
P29P01CC Charcoal Burner
P35P01I Wrinkle Wash
Billows pocket? IDK the style number.

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cldpsu
Eck is so on top of this ****
HA, HA!!
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads