• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ProveIt! employment screening test experience?

gusgusterson

Reaction score
Hello,
Does anyone here have ProveIt! employment screening test experience - specifically, for MS Office? I'm pretty sure I can do most anything in Office, but I'm a hunt and peck typist. Any help will be most appreciated!

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is terribly tangential, but if you want to learn to type properly and quickly, play online PC shooters and chat alot, using proper spelling/punction/capitalization. That's pretty much how I learned, and I can type at well of 60 WPM when it's soemthing from my head. Even if you hunt-and-peck at first, you'll pretty quickly start doing it the most efficient way, which also happens to be the "correct" way.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There was a macromedia/flash game that had letters falling and you had to hit them on the keyboard before they fell past the line on the bottom of the screen, and as you typed them, the falling letters got faster and faster...wish I could remember the name of it or still had the link. It was a great typing brushup.

Anyway, left hand on ASDF, right hand on JKL;, one thumb on space bar, and be sure to not look at the keyboard while you type. After that, it just takes practice.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I type in Dvorak. It's great when people try to use my computer.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I guess for the same reason that I use HP reverse polish notation calculators

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I failed typing in high school, peaking at 13wpm. To pass I needed 15.

This is when people typed on typewriters.

Then I got to college and realized after the first week that I couldn't pay people to type my own papers forever, plus extra step worked against my finishing at the last minute. So I learned. Pretty much anyone can.

gusgusterson

Reaction score
Thank you all!
Turns out the tests were super easy if you've ever used Office in an office setting. My typing was slow-ish, but forgivable as I'm not looking to be an admin. I had a reverse polish notation calculator too.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
Oh, god I hate RPL, let me have a TI-89 with pretty print any day.

Jon.

TI-89s get me ******* hot.

Yeah, I said it.

Hanseat

Reaction score
TI-89 is fun for multi-player games (connect them with the link cable). Unfortunately you lose all your mathematical capabilities with that thing. I used it for Physics and Math in the US for a year- when I returned to Germany I wasn't allowed to use a graphical calculator for math, not to speak of a CAS- I lost all my math skills during that year and never fully regained them as I knew in the comfort of home I could 'double-check' with the Ti-89.
blush.gif

Great Gameboy replacement though.

briancl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Edward Appleby
TI-89s get me ******* hot.

Yeah, I said it.

The TI-89 came out the summer before my freshman year of college. My university had no idea what the thing was at the time, and I got a Math minor out of it. 6 or 7 semesters of pretty raunchy mathematics, but I haven't a clue about any of it, except how to program my calculator to find the answer. I guess those Computer Science courses were good for _something_, even if it was just learning how to cheat through other courses. Don't even get me started on the online quizzes and homework.. oh boy that was a laugh..

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
HP 11-C, thank you very much.
When I got my MBA, I got a 12-C.

The funny part was, the school handed out the TI-??, but the finance professor told the class that what HP did in 5 strokes, the TI took around 27.

The really nice thing about RPL is this: no one takes your calculator.

Tibo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by javyn
There was a macromedia/flash game that had letters falling and you had to hit them on the keyboard before they fell past the line on the bottom of the screen, and as you typed them, the falling letters got faster and faster...wish I could remember the name of it or still had the link. It was a great typing brushup. (snip)

I think that's the one you're talking about: http://hannu.daug.net/letters/letters08.php

Great, addicting game indeed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads