• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

protien and fiber

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have been slowly moving to a higher and higher protien diet over the past year and a half. it has really been paying off for me. for years, I thought that the protien diet issue was just hype. the problem for the first few months, maybe longer, was that the protien really didn't work its way through me fast. so I started adding fiber - flaxseed and superfood powder, which make the whole digestion of the protien much much easier. I make a few protien shakes a day, with fiber mixed in. I also eat protien enriched oatmeal, and oh yeah protien bars. even 10-20 grams of protien in a shake in the morning will keep me full until the afternoon. the protien seems to give you a very satisfied feeling.

I have also been having a protien shake as an appatizer before dinner or lunch, if I am eating out with business assosiates, then I am pretty much full before the meal, and just taste everything. it has been very helpful at keeping me from eating my real food.

just thought I'd share.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^sounds good, although most bars are pretty crappy. i also take green tea extract before meals as there is evidence (such as it is) that it aids in metabolizing the fats you ingest.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
^sounds good, although most bars are pretty crappy. i also take green tea extract before meals as there is evidence (such as it is) that it aids in metabolizing the fats you ingest.

yeah, I like the oh yeah ones, they are a littl high in calories, but they taste good and pack maybe 32 grams, something like that. I used to carry tuna when I was traveling, but a can broke once and stunk up everything.

yeah, and I drink a lot of green ice tea eveyr day.

so far, lost more than 80 pounds, but I think that I have added some muscle, too. and I feel really good.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
woah! 80 lbs? nice job. what are you currently?

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
woah! 80 lbs? nice job. what are you currently?

about 5 pounds less than you, but 10 inches shorter - just dropped below 230, something like 227-225.

emperor3d

Reaction score

YES. Those green extract pills actually do work. I take 4-6 a day, as per recommended. Love em!

emperor3d

Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
I have been slowly moving to a higher and higher protien diet over the past year and a half. it has really been paying off for me. for years, I thought that the protien diet issue was just hype. the problem for the first few months, maybe longer, was that the protien really didn't work its way through me fast. so I started adding fiber - flaxseed and superfood powder, which make the whole digestion of the protien much much easier. I make a few protien shakes a day, with fiber mixed in. I also eat protien enriched oatmeal, and oh yeah protien bars. even 10-20 grams of protien in a shake in the morning will keep me full until the afternoon. the protien seems to give you a very satisfied feeling.

I have also been having a protien shake as an appatizer before dinner or lunch, if I am eating out with business assosiates, then I am pretty much full before the meal, and just taste everything. it has been very helpful at keeping me from eating my real food.

just thought I'd share.

Same here. Fibre and and Protein is the way to go, whether it's losing weight or just feeling really great.
high five!

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
well, an 80lb weight loss is pretty amazing. well done.

Originally Posted by globetrotter
about 5 pounds less than you, but 10 inches shorter - just dropped below 230, something like 227-225.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
well, an 80lb weight loss is pretty amazing. well done.

thanks

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Wow - 80lbs is amazing - congrats!

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I lost about 30lbs doing 30min to 2 hours of cardio a day and drinking protien shakes. The one I used was called 100% Pure Whey protien or some ****. It tasted good and two scoops worth was 44g of protien and low calorie and near no sugar. I gained quite a bit of muscle as well, but now I am dwindling down as I cant go running every day and dont belong to a gym. I imagine as soon as I get my new place I will be back on track with my diet, though.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
whey/cassein blends keep you fuller longer. the way to go IMO.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
whey/cassein blends keep you fuller longer. the way to go IMO.

yeah, but I am amazed at how well pretty much any protien works - I have one that is 20 grams for 100 calories and tastes ok. I use about 5 differnt kinds now.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I mostly eat protein, lots and lots of protein in form of beef, fish, dairy, legumes, nuts; and some fruits and veggies. A muffin or a cookie makes me feel kinda sick at this point - i just can't stand all the sugar and oil and flour or something. It's weird. Still like pasta and the starches here and there, but the other stuff I've listed is key.

I don't think my carb intake is low enough for ketosis or anything like that, but I feel like protein definitely gives me energy and strength. A couple days ago I had all carbs and fats and no protein for like 18 hours (fries, etc) and could barely life the weights when I tried to work out. Plus junk food really makes me kind of sick at this point, aside from a very rare expedition to McDs or Taco Hell for a hangover cure.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads