• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Protein Supplement

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How long would the powder variety last for? Does it become less effective the older it gets? I've started working out again and I've got some unused protein powder that is about 2 years old. Is it still good?

calvin1663

Reaction score
i dunno the exact temperature, but as long as it doesn't go over a certain point (it's like 120 farenheit or something) it won't denature (become worthless), however, if it does denature, you might as well throw it out, but chances are it's fine

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I decided to go on creatine instead of protein so I'm throwing this old stuff out.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
Thanks for the info. I decided to go on creatine instead of protein so I'm throwing this old stuff out.
"Instead of"? You're going to need plenty of protein whether you supplement with creatine or not. If you want to try to get all your protein from your normal meals, that's fine (superior, even, with the possible exception of your immediate post-workout meal), but you're going to need at least a gram of protein per pound of bodyweight either way. EDIT: Oh yeah, Canada/Finland. Umm, convert to metric as necessary (I am too lazy to do it myself).
smile.gif

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Poor choice of words...the supplement I bought has both creatine and protein in it. I'll supplement that with high-protein meals.

I've got quite a bit of workout experience but I've never used creatine before. I'm interested to see what the results are.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Poor choice of words...the supplement I bought has both creatine and protein in it. I'll supplement that with high-protein meals.

I've got quite a bit of workout experience but I've never used creatine before. I'm interested to see what the results are.

creatine/protein supplement? interesting.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
amino acids are protein... but I know what you mean.

That supplement looks OK but only has glutamine and isoleucine apparently. You're going to need additional protein supplementation.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Amino acids link together to form proteins. That's the distinction I was trying to make.

Anyways Drizzt, I saved your daily food consumption routine that you posted a while back so I'm pretty much just following that (with a few changes)

Breakfast ~ 5 AM:
Creatine shake with orange juice 200 calories
Chicken Breast 250 calories
Small Banana 85 calories

Post Workout 7 AM:
Creatine shake
Several eggs

Lunch ~ 12 AM:
2 Chicken Breasts 500 calories
150 g raw spinach 60 calories
Apple Juice 100 calories

2 PM:
1 chicken breast 250 calories

4 PM:
1 chicken breast 250 calories

6 PM:
Whatever my mom makes

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aren't you going to get sick of eating chicken breast? It's in almost every meal.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Amino acids link together to form proteins. That's the distinction I was trying to make.

Anyways Drizzt, I saved your daily food consumption routine that you posted a while back so I'm pretty much just following that (with a few changes)

that's a good diet for gaining, should work well. I'd add a few more carbs right after your workout and for lunch, otherwise looks good.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
Aren't you going to get sick of eating chicken breast? It's in almost every meal.
Well, I'm only going to follow the diet 5 days a week and I really like chicken so I don't think it will be too much of a problem. On the weekends I'll eat whatever I want (as long as it's healthy). I am planning on following this diet for 12 weeks though, so I imagine that by the end of it, I'll be more than a little tired of eating chicken.
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
that's a good diet for gaining, should work well. I'd add a few more carbs right after your workout and for lunch, otherwise looks good.
Good suggestion.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would suggest swapping in tuna or salmon for the chicken at some times if you start getting sick of it.

Personally, I eat pretty lean cuts of beef or a cheeseburger with 95% lean ground beef and fat free cheese for one meal on a daily basis even while I'm cutting.

capnpyro

Reaction score
That creatine looks sort of suspect, I might stick with just a more standard creatine+dextrose blend like EAS's, then again I'm suspect of anything that advertises itself as a 'wonder tonic'. If you're going to go through the trouble of taking protein and creatine supplements you should really add l-glutamine while you're at it. I'm new to body building but from everyone I've spoken to about it they're considered the standard 3 supplements you should be taking. Here's the one I use, it's flavorless so it blends well w/ my creatine before bed at night- http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/eas/lglut.html

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics