• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Protein Shake WITHOUT working out?

Eagle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
Erh... wrong. Protein is rarely ever metabolised into fat, except under some very strict conditions. Most often, excessive protein just becomes part of the body's excrement and gets dumped away.

Originally Posted by ibleedwhite
well you can believe what you want to believe.

I'm no expert but, a registered dietitian offered the same opinion to me, as that expressed in "whacked's" post.
eh.gif

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eagle
I'm no expert but, a registered dietitian offered the same opinion to me, as that expressed in "whacked's" post.
eh.gif

Carbohydrates are almost never converted into fat too.

JesseJB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
People were telling me in my "OMG Im getn fat" thread to drink a protien shake in place of one of my afternoon snack. I tried it yesterday and it was awesome to not feel starving before dinner and I ate a much more sensible dinner last night.

So lets say I only work out a few times a week but drink that protein shake every day.

Is this going to make me a big fat **** or not?

wiscogooner

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JesseJB
People were telling me in my "OMG Im getn fat" thread to drink a protien shake in place of one of my afternoon snack. I tried it yesterday and it was awesome to not feel starving before dinner and I ate a much more sensible dinner last night. So lets say I only work out a few times a week but drink that protein shake every day. Is this going to make me a big fat **** or not?
No. How many calories does the shake have? What is your maintenance amount? gotta remember that fat is stored from an excess of calories. people could eat 6000 calories in baked boneless skinless chicken breasts every day but if they are eating well above maintenance they're going to put on fat even if they're putting on muscle as well. If you want to lose fat, figure out what your maintenance level for calories is. Then make sure the intake of calories minus the calories burned by exercise, is under that maintenance amount. here's a calculator: http://www.shapefit.com/dailycalorie-calc.html

jaydc7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its not the protein that makes people fat, its the additional calories on top of their diets already. Most of those shakes are loaded with other crap. It won't make you a fat, but take into mind how it works on top of your present diet.

edit:haha ^what he said

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads