• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

protein powders.. yuck

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So I started a month later than I said I would, but I finally started my new diet and work-out routine. I have to say, I feel like vomitting right now. I bought this chocolate flavored one and it's so sweet. I dilute it with as much water as possible, but still, even typing brings back a memory of wanting to vomit. The only thing that's gonna keep me motivated is that I need dress shirts and I told my tailor to hold off on the rest of them until I had put on 15 lbs. :p

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suggest trying different brands. I have found some to be awful, others to be tolerable, none to be good.

kapay

Reaction score
I feel the same way about multi-vitamins. I use GNC brand protein powder and it isn't the worst thing in the world. I accidently thought the multi-vitamins were chewable and now they taste terrible to me. Not to mention the fact that they're much larger than your ordinary pill.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A guy I'm working out with recently bought one that he said actually tasted good. No artificial sweetener either. I'll get the name of it for you later.

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As far as taste goes I like Designer Whey brand. So far I tried "Natural" and "Vanilla" flavors and they have both been very tolerable. These two flavors also have no artifical colors, flavors or sweeteners.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have reverted back to (shock horror) Weider chocolate. Not the best in amount o0f protein, and not all whey but it tastes so much better than other ones I had. Anyhow, I remember a while ago on the SF chat Keal, Jovan and Odoreater suggested some good tasting ones.

TheRookie

Reaction score
Optimum Nutrition doesn't taste bad. Also, mixing with milk instead of water will help a great deal.

mink31

Reaction score
The best-tasting protein powder by far is Whey-Vantage (sold at GNC). The same stuff can also be found online under the label American Whey for cheaper. I bought the chocolate, mix it with milk, and honestly look forward to drinking a shake every day. It also appears to be all-natural with no artificial sweeteners, etc.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheRookie
Optimum Nutrition doesn't taste bad. Also, mixing with milk instead of water will help a great deal.

The optimum nutrition vanilla was plain awful. It was a bit more bearable when mised with orange juice or (even better) fresh bananas and orange juice but after a while... lets just say I cannto bear to think about it.The double chocolate on the other hand... that was strange. I got initially a small container to try it and I liked it. Then I bought a nice big 5 lbs one only to find it tasted different. YECH. That went a long time.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I had some chocolate kind and mixed it with "real" (non sweetened) cranberry juice and ice, and it was actually good, if you can believe that. No idea what kind it was though.

gza

Reaction score
If taste is your main concern, stick with whey protein concentrate and isolate and stay away from anything with hydrolyzed whey/whey peptides (which are bitter) or casein (tastes like paste).

AdamG

Reaction score
I hear good things about ON 100% Whey, the cookies and cream stuff. But if you can't handle protien powder, don't ever try creatine!
laugh.gif

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try Muscle Milk. A lot of bodybuilders say it's by far the only thing that could be considered good tasting, but it also has a lot of calories. In your case, that will be fine as you're trying to put on weight.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads