1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Protecting canvas on shoes?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by amirrorcrackd, Dec 13, 2004.

1. amirrorcrackd

amirrorcrackd Senior member

I have a pair of shoes that are leather and canvas (not sure waht the term for this is, Panama?, Havana?) and I was wondering if there was anything that I could put on the canvas to protect it. A scotchguard type thing. Preferably something that won't damage the leather (something that could protect that too?). Ideally, this would be something I could spray on the whole shoe, and not have to worry about ruining anything.

Thanks for the help,

Dan

2. j

j Senior member Admin

I'd probably try suede protector spray. If it won't ruin suede, it's unlikely it will hurt canvas. As always, "try in an inconspicuous place before ruining the whole shoe".

3. nightowl6261a

nightowl6261a Senior member

Although a suede protector might work, as said try in an incon. place, or, try a local Home Depot for Fabric protector...most suede protectors are a silcone based product with a high amount of petroleums, whereas fabric protector seem to use less of an oil base...not quite as strong, but easier on the material.