1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

proraso 'red'

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by matadorpoeta, Jun 9, 2006.

1. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Senior member

has anyone here tried the wheat germ version of proraso? the red one? any opinions?

thanks.

2. javyn

javyn Senior member

I'm not sure if they still make it. People on the shaving forums who didn't like menthol liked the Proraso red from what I could tell. The only complaint anyone had was that the smell wasn't so hot, but the same can be said for the green tube as well. I think the red does have just the tiniest bit of eucalyptus or menthol.

3. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

I was hoping that Target would sell that stuff so I'd get to try it [​IMG]

4. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

I have the green. It doesnt foam well, but the lube is fantastic.

5. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Senior member

update: i used the red yesterday and am very impressed with it. it takes a back seat to cremo cream, but not by much. excellent lubrication, pleasant subtle scent, and it gave me a good lather without a brush. it lathers up especially well after you've shaved the first time. just add another tiny touch of cream and you get a very thick, opaque layer for the second go around.