1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Propper Watch Strap Orientation

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Zephyrnoid, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Zephyrnoid

Zephyrnoid Active Member

So I write this, both as a stylist and a professional photographer. One of my sponsors asked me why I'm constantly switching my straps around in my photos, repositioning the buckled strap on the bottom of the watch, rather than at the top.
    For as long as I can remember, my super stylish grandfather did this and one time I asked him why, this is a paraphrasing of what he said to me. Let me know if you agree and if not, why not!

The correct orientation for the buckle of a strapped watch is hanging from the '6-Oclock' or 'lower' lugs . 99% of makers incorrectly position the buckle at the '12-Oclock' lugs so when worn, the 'tag' end protrudes towards the "audience" . This is as rude as showing someone the sole of your shoe, and is incorrect form for strap watches in addition to actually contributing to tag- end snagging on all manner of impediments. Furthermore, when positioned with the buckle trailing the '6-Oclock' (as shown) the buckle is properly 'presented' to the admiring audience as the wearer twists his wrist to read the time, and if present, a signed buckle is diplayed for all to see, as a measure of prideful branding.
    I wear ALL my strapped watches, other than deployment buckled ones
    this way. How or why on earth so many makers mount the buckles on the wrong end is beyond me.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  2. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan Senior member

I cannot count the number of times I wanted to punch someone for showing me the tag end. Once got in a serious brawl in Alexandria over this. Motherf----r just kept waving the tag end around, even put it right in my girlfriend's face. He won't do that again.

1 person likes this.
  3. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

I don't wear leather, but I agree with the OP.