Property Of... Bags

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Cancer, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Cancer

Cancer Member

Haven't had anything turned up on search. These look like pretty good quality to me, although, I can't justify the price though, it looks like just thick canvas and bits and pieces of leather to me. The strap is probably nylon, unlike the 220.

http://store.thepropertyof.com/collections/pack-travel/products/tommy-trip-bag

I'm comparing it with a Filson 220, since they are about the same size and sell for the same too.

What do you think?

2. SpartanUndressed

SpartanUndressed Active Member

3. Brattman

Brattman Senior member

I have that very bag and I love it! It's very well made, durable, comfortable to wear, and the details are nice. The inside is super functional with pockets for more or less anything you might need them for.

4. ThomSquared

ThomSquared Senior member

I have both the Alfred work bag, Tommy work bag, and Tommy trip bag and love all of them.

5. SpartanUndressed

SpartanUndressed Active Member

Excellent. I've been shopping for a bag for awhile, and think this may be it. Debating the coal or the green/brown combo. http://store.thepropertyof.com/collections/work-bags/products/alfred-work-bag-1

How does the coal look in real life? Are these heavy bags?

6. Brattman

Brattman Senior member

I don't think I've seen the coal in real life, so I couldn't tell you how it looks, and I would say they are pretty heavy, given the weight of the hardware and leather used in their construction. Definitely heavier than some other bags I've felt, such as Porter.

7. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

wait for a gilt sale, they're always showing up there for super cheap. retail is too much for these

wait when did they move to europe?

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012

8. ThomSquared

ThomSquared Senior member

Yeah I have purchased all of mine on GILT... They just had a sale so it should be by Spring that they have another one.

9. badtzwang

badtzwang Member

Damn! I must have missed that Gilt Sale ... how big of a discount were you able to get?

10. JohnnyLaw

JohnnyLaw Senior member

I had a messenger bag a few years ago and it was nice but the canvas was pretty thin. Nowhere near as sturdy as Filson.

11. 3dials

3dials Senior member

$119 (down from $295) on Gilt. Marcus Work Bag.

12. Flame

Flame Senior member

Anyone care to comment on property of.... ? They seem to be one of those brands that have been around for a long time, but I haven't experienced their stuff IRL.

looking @ this for a daily office / commute / gym bag since I gym like 4-6 times a week. Local store in Singapore quoted @ SGD 220.

[​IMG]

13. 9frames

9frames Member

I owned a few of the bags and its been serving me great! I used one for my camera gear!

14. Austin Tremblay

Austin Tremblay Well-Known Member

Joining this thread incredibly late, but I wanted to chime in and give support to Property Of, in case anyone is using this to inform a purchasing decision. I have their Arnald Work Bag and their Carter Duffle. Both have been fantastic bags for me. I use the Arnald for work and the Carter when I'm on my bike. I've used SBL, Filson, Mitchell, Billykirk, Will, etc. For my money, the only one that comes close is Billykirk. Their lack of pockets, though, is incredibly frustrating. External slip pockets are so useful; in the airport, getting the mail, or, if you're the proverbial absent-minded prof like me, constantly forgetting to put that last paperback or essay in your bag, a newspaper pocket is so useful. The Property Of bags are loaded with useful pockets, both inside and out, and it really feels like they privileged practicality in their designs. One of the best features of the bags, for me, especially in the Arnald, is the weight distribution. When I load the bag down, it's still very comfortable to carry. It feels like the weight is distributed very evenly throughout, and the snap handle is really comfortable, even on campus-wide walks.

In terms of comparing their Tommy Trip Bag to a Filson, it's tough. The Filson bags I've used have always seemed a little clunky. I know there's a huge Filson following on SF, and I respect many of the reasons people choose Filson. But, for me, they just don't feel easy to use. So I'd say the Property Of is a winner. But, of course, all of this is completely subjective. I just offer my humble two cents here.

15. fljarg

fljarg Member

Kind of also joining this thread ultra late, I just got my Property Of Tommy trip bag and want it to add my opinion.

For the record, I bought my bag to replace my gym bag for something more stylish that can go along with some formal wear, probably a little big for a gym bag but what sold me out was it versatility, lot of pocket and very well place it.

Even though I dont have much experience to compare the quality look very good, thus the same quality give the bag an overall heavy feeling (compare with a nylon gym bag)

IMHO is worth the price if you get them on sale (either GILT or Myhabit)