• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Proper response in this situation (Allocation of front-seat with girlfriend driving)?

Is it common courtesy for my friend to offer the front seat to either of us for a portion of the tr

• Common courtesy

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Completely unnecessary

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

enjoiii

Reaction score
I went on a ski-trip with 2 friends and one of my friend’s girlfriends. The vehicle was an X3 and my friend’s girlfriend was driving for what was approximately 2.5 hrs each way. Because we were skiing we had to put down the right seat and my friend and I were sharing the left seat plus the middle seat. It was extremely tight and was very uncomfortable.

My friend in the front seat thinks that there is an unwritten rule that because his gf was driving that he should sit in the front seat the entire time.

I agree that generally speaking this would be the case, but given how uncomfortable the back seat was, it would have been common courtesy for him to offer to allow one of us to sit in the front for a portion of the drive.

Other pertinent facts:

-We are all tall ranging between 6’2” and 6’6”, the person in the front was the second tallest of the 3 of us.

-Both of us in the back are friends with the gf.

-The boyfriend and girlfriend have been going out less than 1 year, and see each other frequently.

Please let me know if you require any additional information in order to determine the proper etiquette in this situation.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A) you and the other friend got punked!1!
B you and the other friend got played for letting the gf tag along to what sounds like a guys trip.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Was the friend and girlfriend in question possibly Mark I and his girlfriend?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
If the go is hot, I'd understand where your friend' coming from. If she's ugly as a dog then best staying in the back

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unless the skis were 200cm long, why didnt they just go down the center? :confused:

This is how we would do it. Boots and duffel bags etc in the back, the skis on top of them and on top of the rear center seat. Some bungee cords tied to the rear seat-rests and the ski bindings to keep them from sliding in all directions.

Also, there is zero reason why the BF shouldn't ride shotgun with his girl driving unless he was significantly smaller than those jammed in the rear (heh).

Next time, do as I illustrated above or rent your own car and drive up yourself.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics