• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

paulraphael

Reaction score
Yes - I know what you mean. Blue is popular. We will have more greens/browns/reds coming this fall though.

I just wanted to say that some of the new fall color fabrics are exactly what I was hoping for. Especially among the Canclini Flannels. You've dropped them all at once—I may need to apply for financial aid.

It would be amazing if there were a way to know which fabrics would likely sell out soonest and never be seen again (small special edition vs. seasonal vs. perennial staple, etc.) It would help us prioritize. I've already watched some fabrics on my wishlist disappear forever.

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As someone who is guilty of buying too many blue shirts I am so glad I picked up shirts in the Pine Grey and Camel Plaid and the Light Grey Tweed. They are both fantastic looking.

I also grabbed the camel plaid and light grey tweed and love them both. The rust large herringbone is being cut now, and I’ve also been considering the pine grey. The canclini and duca visconti corduroys are also fantastic. I’ve blown my budget on PC flannels and corduroys this month. Haha.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
If you guys are working on more collar designs I'll throw in again the request for a collar with 2 3/4" or 3" points but with the taller collar band of the Milano for those of us with long necks but smaller frames. Again, I can get this from one of your competitors but then other sacrifices are made. Would love to be able to get it from you with your superior construction and fabric selection.

Here's an example of what I am talking about that is currently missing from your collar selections.

The collar has significant height but without the long collar points of the more Italian styles like the Milano collar, for a more English style (similar to your English spread collar, just with the additional height). It has a moderate spread, adequate tie space, and stands up when unbuttoned (doesn't get lost under the jacket). The collar points are shorter but still meet the edges of the jacket lapel.

The specifications of this collar are as follows: 2 7/8" point, 4 1/2" spread, 1 1/2" front collar band height, 1 7/8" rear collar band height, 3/8” tie space, stiff unfused interlining, one-button closure.

I don't know if this is being given any serious consideration but since you mentioned you are working on some new collar designs, my hope is that being able to visualize this might help clarify the idea here and help its case for inclusion in your catalog of options.

paulraphael

Reaction score
I also grabbed the camel plaid and light grey tweed and love them both. The rust large herringbone is being cut now, and I’ve also been considering the pine grey. The canclini and duca visconti corduroys are also fantastic. I’ve blown my budget on PC flannels and corduroys this month. Haha.

I just received the camel/pine Canclini plaid and it's gorgeous. Also very pleased with the Duca Visconti corduroy (olive green). One curious thing about the corduroy ... the nap is oriented so it's rough when you pet it downwards (as people are likely to pet you). Kind of like a shark with his skin on upside down. Is there rhyme or reason to this?

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just received the camel/pine Canclini plaid and it's gorgeous. Also very pleased with the Duca Visconti corduroy (olive green). One curious thing about the corduroy ... the nap is oriented so it's rough when you pet it downwards (as people are likely to pet you). Kind of like a shark with his skin on upside down. Is there rhyme or reason to this?

I went with the orange DV cord (naturally), but I haven’t worn it yet so haven’t noticed that. I’ll look later and see if mine is like yours.

paulraphael

Reaction score
Here's a shrinkage question for anyone who's had the Canclini flannel shirts for a while. I've got my fit dialed in so it's just about perfect after one wash (cold, gentle cycle, drip dry).

But since is perfect now, I'm worried it about them shrinking over the next several washes.

Have you experienced noticeable shrinkage with subsequent washes? And if so has it been only in length or also in width? I'm trying to figure out if I should add 1/4" in some places as insurance. I know I'll figure this out eventually, but there are some shirts I'd like to order before the fabric disappears.

I have the same questions for the Duca Viscoti corduroy.

Last edited:

paulraphael

Reaction score
@paulraphael Yes, mine is the same. Wonder why?

I've done a bit of research on this. Customer service at PC says they do it this way on purpose, but wasn't sure why ... they said they'd look into it.

Some articles on the web suggest that it's common to make corduroy pants with the nap facing downward, and corduroy tops and jackets with it facing upwards. On pants it's about them not getting ruffled when you get out of chairs; on tops it's about the angle at which the corduroy has the richest visual texture.

You can see the difference holding at it one way and then the other. I don't know if everyone would agree that it looks better when your viewing angle is against the nap, but it definitely looks different.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's a shrinkage question for anyone who's had the Canclini flannel shirts for a while. I've got my fit dialed in so it's just about perfect after one wash (cold, gentle cycle, drip dry).

But since is perfect now, I'm worried it about them shrinking over the next several washes.

Have you experienced noticeable shrinkage with subsequent washes? And if so has it been only in length or also in width? I'm trying to figure out if I should add 1/4" in some places as insurance. I know I'll figure this out eventually, but there are some shirts I'd like to order before the fabric disappears.

I have the same questions for the Duca Viscoti corduroy.
No issues here. I have 3 Canclini flannels. I wash them in cold water only and hang dry.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any pics of the Milano soft collar yet???

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any pics of the Milano soft collar yet???
Going to put in an order on an old fit template (not ideal, but don't want to bother with sending in a shirt to be replicated rignt now) with the Soft Milano in the next day or so. It'll be with linen fabrics, but I imagine it'll still be good enough to show the collar.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Going to put in an order on an old fit template (not ideal, but don't want to bother with sending in a shirt to be replicated rignt now) with the Soft Milano in the next day or so. It'll be with linen fabrics, but I imagine it'll still be good enough to show the collar.

Thanks bruv. Tag me when you receive it.

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads