• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Say if you wanted to take your dress shirt measurements, and use them to make more of a work shirt, to be untucked, approximately how much length would you take off? I know it depends on height and all that, but just as a general starting point? Two inches?

put on a shirt of yours.......keep it untucked...where do u want it to fall...measure it.......thats the length u want!....done

Sammm

Reaction score
Do u know an optional 3 rd pleat is avail. And it helps
Sure, I’m on 3 pleats. But I’d like even more. My wrists are very skinny, so maybe that partly makes for a very sharp taper.

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I may be confused

You need a narrow cuff as u have skinny wrists. And by doing so the lower arm ends up being too tight???? If true. U need bespoke. Or increase cuff and bicep a wee bit. That can help

DEE1970

Reaction score
Hi @Seph - loving my new PC linen/wool mix blazer! I'm now thinking of ordering a suit, however while the brown buttons look great on a blazer, I'm thinking I'd like the formality of navy buttons on a navy suit - is this likely to become an option any time soon? Also, sorry to see your comments that the soft square shirt cuff isn't very popular - I've got 22 shirts with this cuff!

paulraphael

Reaction score
@Seph, I'm a big fan of your shirts and company. For someone built like an (extremely attractive) orangutan on stilts, it's a pleasure to have shirts that fit for the first time in my life.

I've been gradually replacing my stable of ill-fitting shirts, some of which date back to the 90s. I've been the lucky beneficiary of a friend who's a former bespoke shirtmaker (and life-long shirt collector) who gave me his hand-me-downs, so many of these old shirts are quite nice off-the-rack pieces from makers like Lorenzini, Donna Karan Signature, Joseph Abboud, and Nieman Marcus house brand. The construction is generally not as good as your shirts, although it's perfectly good. What I appreciate most from these shirts is the fabrics. In many cases they have the soft hand of high-end shirting, but are in colors and weights and textures that are more fun / less stuffy that the usual dress shirt fabrics.

Going through the swatch books at your show room, I get the impression that most of the really nice cloths are conservative in weight and color (all the DJA fabrics, virtually all the T. Mason Gold Line, etc.). Some notable exceptions are the Reda Merino wool fabrics (some of my favorites).

I'd love to see higher-end fabrics in more casual colors and weights. Like darker shades, more saturated colors, blacks, etc. And some heavier weights or interesting textures. I'd think that with fewer people having to dress in suits at work, there would be a demand for this kind of thing.

Seph

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Seph, I'm a big fan of your shirts and company. For someone built like an (extremely attractive) orangutan on stilts, it's a pleasure to have shirts that fit for the first time in my life.

I've been gradually replacing my stable of ill-fitting shirts, some of which date back to the 90s. I've been the lucky beneficiary of a friend who's a former bespoke shirtmaker (and life-long shirt collector) who gave me his hand-me-downs, so many of these old shirts are quite nice off-the-rack pieces from makers like Lorenzini, Donna Karan Signature, Joseph Abboud, and Nieman Marcus house brand. The construction is generally not as good as your shirts, although it's perfectly good. What I appreciate most from these shirts is the fabrics. In many cases they have the soft hand of high-end shirting, but are in colors and weights and textures that are more fun / less stuffy that the usual dress shirt fabrics.

Going through the swatch books at your show room, I get the impression that most of the really nice cloths are conservative in weight and color (all the DJA fabrics, virtually all the T. Mason Gold Line, etc.). Some notable exceptions are the Reda Merino wool fabrics (some of my favorites).

I'd love to see higher-end fabrics in more casual colors and weights. Like darker shades, more saturated colors, blacks, etc. And some heavier weights or interesting textures. I'd think that with fewer people having to dress in suits at work, there would be a demand for this kind of thing.

Thanks Paul - appreciate the feedback and will definitely keep that in mind.

Sammm

Reaction score
I think you're going to love this one. I picked the same fabric in olive and it's been one of my main shirts this summer.
It’s super nice. Did your linen/rayon shirt shrink as usual? I’ve washed mine twice now and it seems like it hasn’t shrunk at all, whereas all my previous shirts (mostly oxfords) got the lion’s share of their shrinkage out of the way by wash two. If it’s still big in a few washes, I’ll experiment with washing at higher temps or sticking it in the dryer.

eddiemczee

Reaction score
It’s super nice. Did your linen/rayon shirt shrink as usual? I’ve washed mine twice now and it seems like it hasn’t shrunk at all, whereas all my previous shirts (mostly oxfords) got the lion’s share of their shrinkage out of the way by wash two. If it’s still big in a few washes, I’ll experiment with washing at higher temps or sticking it in the dryer.

Yeah, I washed mine normally on cold and felt that the shrinkage was in line with my other shirts.

Valfunde

Reaction score
@Seph

Hey, has there been any thought into expanding the tailoring/jackets for a double breasted style? Been liking the sport coats I've been getting from PC and was curious to know if there's anymore near future plans for this section of the site.

Seph

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Seph

Hey, has there been any thought into expanding the tailoring/jackets for a double breasted style? Been liking the sport coats I've been getting from PC and was curious to know if there's anymore near future plans for this section of the site.

Yes definitely. Don't have a time line for double breasted, but the general attitude here is that we're just getting started in that category and have a lot more to do.

paulraphael

Reaction score
@Seph, early in the summer one of your sales associates said that a square hemline option was coming soon. Any progress on this? I've been holding off on casual shirt orders while waiting .

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics