• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the price, website navigation, detailed fabrics, consistent turn around times, and A+ customer service I'd gladly compromise with the limitations of PC's fit algorithms/patterns. For the record, I have a 40.5" chest and a 31" waist. I probably fall just outside of their typical or ideal build.

Both my replacement and 2nd shirt orders just arrived using the modified measurements from PC's suggestions. The fit is far better than my initial shirt, and I really applaud PC's support team for discerning most of the fit issues from just my photo submissions. Will certainly be ordering from them again very soon.

While the fit is far from perfect, I completely understand PC's decision to limit their customization and algorithms in order to keep up with their 2 week turn around times and keep production costs low. What I'd like to see in the future are more options for taller collars, sleeve pitch adjustments, and accounting for a dropped shoulder.
And a soft Milano!!!!!

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like......the soft cutaway ?......ok.......any pics of it open, sans tie?....does it stand up or just flop down?
I actually find it stands better without stays than my Milano collars do with stays. Seems illogical, I know, but it holds up rather well. Not to the level that some here hope for, but not bad at all. I’ll see about snapping a pic sans tie next time I wear it.
Im sorry but what cloth is that exactly?.....niiiice.
Light blue houndstooth, I think 55/45 cotton/linen. Long since sold out. There is one in perhaps a slightly darker shade from G&I on the site. Slightly higher price, but I would assume a more luxurious finish as well.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Any chance you guys can get this one back for next F/W?

https://propercloth.com/fabrics/portuguese-red-and-blue-melange-plaid flannel-3040.html

141c41c846170e832fd29c709e06dbbb_page_extra.jpg

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

eddiemczee

Reaction score
Just received today's newsletter. Congratulations on the 10 years! I'm excited to learn more about the updated customization as well as knitwear and outerwear.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Somebody do us all a solid and buy this shirt. Would love to see a real life picture of it. It's tempting, but perhaps too saturated.
c44faa1ceab355df986ed3b2e4029963_page_extra.jpg

shhQuiet

Reaction score
I’m such a sucker for that Marrakech look book [emoji16]

Waiting on a “Portuguese faded rose seersucker” PCF2539
IMG_0027.jpg

and a “light blue bengal stripe linen” PCF2239.
IMG_0028.jpg

DEE1970

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion! I like this idea - though we have quite a few projects going on at the moment and I'm not sure when we'll be able to set this up.
Thanks Seph - however, this is a real pity. Companies offering a MTM tailoring service should be able to send their customers fabric samples.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Seph - however, this is a real pity. Companies offering a MTM tailoring service should be able to send their customers fabric samples.
You could be grateful and patient. @Seph just answered your question in the affirmative.

duff406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have anything made up in a popover? Any pictures in the wild? Thinking of trying them out for a popover, they sure have some great fabric choices, and I've finally got the fit down pretty good.

duff406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have anything made up in a popover? Any pictures in the wild? Thinking of trying them out for a popover, they sure have some great fabric choices, and I've finally got the fit down pretty good.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know I’ve seen PC popover pics posted by @mossrockss that are pretty inspiring. This is all I found in a quick search of his blog; maybe he can point to some better ones.
https://www.menswearmusings.com/first-signs-of-autumn/

Before you order, see if you can get one of your existing shirts on and off without undoing the bottom buttons. You might want to increase the measurements there. I think their customer service people could advise you on that topic.

Last edited:

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know I’ve seen PC popover pics posted by @mossrockss that are pretty inspiring. This is all I found in a quick search of his blog; maybe he can point to some better ones.
https://www.menswearmusings.com/first-signs-of-autumn/

Before you order, see if you can get one of your existing shirts on and off without undoing the bottom buttons. You might want to increase the measurements there. I think their customer service people could advise you on that topic.
I’ve got two. One in denim and one in oxford cloth.

https://www.menswearmusings.com/united-kingdom-post-trip-packing-debrief/img_5230/

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics