• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
english laundry is as far as i know a very contemporary fashion forward trendy maker,..

comparing to them is apples to oranges
cmon now..they are 30.00 shirts on nordstrom rack

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
everyone talking about tight sleeves needs to check their as-made sleeve measurements on any of the shirts from after the factory switched to Vietnam and compare to measurements from prior shirts from the Malaysia factory.

I found all the Vietnam shirts are getting made up about a half inch smaller in the bicep, which will of course affect the rest of the sleeve as well. After getting a non sequitur response from customer service when I inquired about the factory switch, I've simply added 0.5" to my bicep measurement going forward and this seems to have resolved the issue.

the difference between two and three pleats seems like it would be very minimal, especially given how small the third pleat is (I have it on my dress shirts but not my casual shirts), but if this makes a difference for you then by all means use it.

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
look at this pic...

in the real world, those fore
16375298437278489254.png
arms will NOT work

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the fused collar looks great, but I could never tolerate it for more than 7 mins

I never get a placket

his hair and jaw?.....yes, some quality stuff there.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And the purple shirt with a fused collar and no placket is not to my taste. But look at his hairline and his bone structure. Lucky bastard.
tenor.gif

upload_2019-3-15_13-38-18.jpeg
Oh fuckin eh, the image itself won't go away. Deal with the repetition!

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
3 pleats vs 2 makes a huge difference

Good comment on the measurements from vietname v. Prior. Recent shirt is off in collar and body, specifically waist and front back balance
I had it dialed in too. Oh well, simone arbacchi in town in 2 weeks

Sammm

Reaction score
Not sure if it’s related to the new Vietnam-based production, but the collar buttonhole on my latest shirt (Soft Ivy BD) is positioned slightly closer to the edge, and the collar points are about 3–4mm shorter than usual. Not the end of the world (still happy with the shirt), but perhaps a sign of some inconsistencies in the production?

Last edited:

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How flimsy (or not) are the "soft" versions of the Roma spread and Roma cutaway? I know fabric too will dictate this.

@ericgereghty thoughts?

Seph

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Not sure if it’s related to the new Vietnam-based production, but the collar buttonhole on my latest shirt (Soft Ivy BD) is positioned slightly closer to the edge, and the collar points are about 3–4mm shorter than usual. Not the end of the world (still happy with the shirt), but perhaps a sign of some inconsistencies in the production?

For what it's worth - we hear you. We are monitoring all reports of differences in shirts very carefully and actively working to make sure all shirts are made exactly to specification at Vietnam. In some cases it can be misleading to simply compare an old shirt to a new shirt since different fabrics and shrinkage can be a hidden factor. But regardless, if anything seems off, we want to hear about it so that we can investigate and make necessary corrections.

Last edited:

Seph

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How flimsy (or not) are the "soft" versions of the Roma spread and Roma cutaway? I know fabric too will dictate this.

@ericgereghty thoughts?
Opinions may vary, of course, but I'd say say they're plenty substantial. They'll never look quite as a sturdy as fused collars, but I think that's a reasonable "drawback." Also, I'd say this for just about any* fabric. I have a cotton/linen which I would rate as a rather light fabric in the cutaway, and it works great, in my opinion. I am still holding out hope that a Milano (or similar) collar will be offered in the soft makeup.

*again, opinions vary, but some here have said the pure linens, like the Redondo, are indeed too flimsy for a soft, non-BD collar.

Edit: here’s that shirt collar (no, I don’t do the air tie look lol) sans ironing.

6209DC18-D9BD-43CC-BDFB-8290083A4009.jpeg

Last edited:

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ericgereghty Thanks bruv. Is that the soft cutaway or soft spread?

Sidenote: PC customer service is stellar.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics