• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

papado

Reaction score
Thanks kind sir.
I've been doing much weight training (like you) so my proportions probably aren't 100% ideal for PC's algorithm.

PC has somehow perfected their algorithm for dudes with scrawny forearms. I've had some health problems and lost around 50lbs and haven't worked out for months so you'd think when I tried PC again my smaller frame would work with 2 pleats? Nope! I made a big mistake not opting for the 3-pleat even though I knew from experience it would be the better option. The 3rd pleat is on the backside of the sleeve so it's not really visible; it's well worth it to do the 3rd pleat if you have any kind of forearm muscle.

I'm not sure what sleeve setting you tried, but switching to tailored (or perhaps back to standard) may cleanup the front of the bicep for you. You can also probably throw some darts on to clean up the back. I've never seen that twist before; any chance it's just not sitting right on you? I'd send photos to PC and see what they can do; maybe you can get another remake before counting your 'official' one?

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PC has somehow perfected their algorithm for dudes with scrawny forearms. I've had some health problems and lost around 50lbs and haven't worked out for months so you'd think when I tried PC again my smaller frame would work with 2 pleats? Nope! I made a big mistake not opting for the 3-pleat even though I knew from experience it would be the better option. The 3rd pleat is on the backside of the sleeve so it's not really visible; it's well worth it to do the 3rd pleat if you have any kind of forearm muscle.

I'm not sure what sleeve setting you tried, but switching to tailored (or perhaps back to standard) may cleanup the front of the bicep for you. You can also probably throw some darts on to clean up the back. I've never seen that twist before; any chance it's just not sitting right on you? I'd send photos to PC and see what they can do; maybe you can get another remake before counting your 'official' one?
Oh, yes—I hope (and already assumed) @patliean1 is sending those pics to PC customer service. They will treat him right.

They recently re-made a shirt for me because the linen shrank unevenly. And I’ve been buying shirts from them since 2015. They care about your satisfaction.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks! will try the 3 pleats for next time. Those strange twisting creases were there before and after I washed the shirt.

Oh, yes—I hope (and already assumed) @patliean1 is sending those pics to PC customer service. They will treat him right.

They recently re-made a shirt for me because the linen shrank unevenly. And I’ve been buying shirts from them since 2015. They care about your satisfaction.

I just PMed you...

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the fact that some think 3 pleats is needed clearly shows:

PC forearms are too tight based on whatever program they use to select fit.
I too have issues, and 3 pleats corrects the issue,....... but cmon, 3 pleats??!!!

its a bandaid, and it shouldnt be needed.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the fact that some think 3 pleats is needed clearly shows:

PC forearms are too tight based on whatever program they use to select fit.
I too have issues, and 3 pleats corrects the issue,....... but cmon, 3 pleats??!!!

its a bandaid, and it shouldnt be needed.
Disagree with your one-sided view. There are plenty of us who are fine with 2 pleats. The fact that some think 3 pleats is needed means PC should offer that as an option--oh wait, they do! Problem solved. Order it with 3 pleats.

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see your point. Ill say this,... PC offers a slim forearm compared to other mtm and rtw brands. If you arms are not sticks, and if u flex your arms when u wear the shirt, then do 3 pleats......lol

In over 40 yrs of wearing mid/hi end shirts, Ive never needed a 3rd pleat.

and I do love PC regardless.......

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally I don't like the aesthetics of pleats at all. A bit too formal for how I wear my tailored clothing but I also understand this is PC's only remedy.

Ideally PC would be able to offer both pleats and no pleats while still providing sufficient forearm adjustments for both options.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see your point. Ill say this,... PC offers a slim forearm compared to other mtm and rtw brands. If you arms are not sticks, and if u flex your arms when u wear the shirt, then do 3 pleats......lol

In over 40 yrs of wearing mid/hi end shirts, Ive never needed a 3rd pleat.

and I do love PC regardless.......
My arms are not sticks and 2 pleats works well. It may be that the size of PC pleat is different than that of other manufacturers, but I have certainly worn shirts that were much tighter in the forearm.

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have never worn tighter f/arms-elbows than my pc shirts( w/ 2 pleats)

I accept it for what it is...and 3 pleats it is.

all love here.

PS

I want a gauntlet button delete!!!!!!

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder what measurement the ultimate forearm size is tied to in their fit metric. I guess sleeve width and the shoulder/armpit fit? For the guys with issues on the forearm, how tight are your sleeve width measurements and what are you selecting on shoulder/armpit fit? I have mine as "full" and have never thought the forearms were tight...and I don't have small arms by any means.

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder what measurement the ultimate forearm size is tied to in their fit metric. I guess sleeve width and the shoulder/armpit fit? For the guys with issues on the forearm, how tight are your sleeve width measurements and what are you selecting on shoulder/armpit fit? I have mine as "full" and have never thought the forearms were tight...and I don't have small arms by any means.

good point!...Ill look...but its not FULL

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My arms are not sticks and 2 pleats works well. It may be that the size of PC pleat is different than that of other manufacturers, but I have certainly worn shirts that were much tighter in the forearm.
I'd be curious to know more details here. PC is far and away the slimmest on the forearm for me, and that includes previous MTM-fails that were exceedingly slim all around.
I have never worn tighter f/arms-elbows than my pc shirts( w/ 2 pleats)

I accept it for what it is...and 3 pleats it is.

all love here.

PS

I want a gauntlet button delete!!!!!!
Agreed. 3 is a must for me.

Also, you and those goddamn gauntlet buttons :crackup:
I have one "tailored" shoulder option shirt, which was definitely a fail. Seemed to both slim the sleeve and shorten it a touch. The latter may just be a cut issue, but it was more than enough to scare me off of a second order with that makeup. My sleeves have gotten progressively bigger with each new PC order. First iterations were on the comfortable side of slim, which left the forearms EXTREMELY tight, to the point I'm surprised I have yet to actually pop a gauntlet button. My current fit is far roomier in the upper arms. Not ideal if you're after the GQ look (spoiler: I'm not), but far more comfortable throughout the day, and renders the forearm slim, but tenably so.

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like joking around re the gauntlet...but Im serious:bounce2:..they are just so "poor taste"

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd be curious to know more details here. PC is far and away the slimmest on the forearm for me, and that includes previous MTM-fails that were exceedingly slim all around.

While not MTM, the English Laundry brand shirts I have are way skinnier in the forearms than my PC.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads