• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Christmas is coming, and I'd like to present you with my wishlist for custom trousers.

1) Adjustable waistband height.
2) Options for coin pockets (flapped/jetted)
3) Suspender buttons
4) Jetted leg pockets*

*Hear me out! People need a place to keep their cellphones in their chinos. Back pocket causes spinal alignment issues, front pocket carries the possibility of testicular cancer, and cargo pockets look terribly unprofessional. I bet it would be a more popular option than pleated cargo pockets. Example below:
View attachment 1853177
That pocket seems way to small for a modern phone

Cause Moe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just received my first formal shirt from Proper Cloth. It has the "rounded French cuffs." I was surprised that it also has a gauntlet button, which seems a bit odd with a formal shirt with French cuffs. The sleeve placket doesn't seem to lie correctly because of it. It's flat against the arm at the top of the placket, but at a right angle to the arm at the cuff.

None of my other formal shirts (MTM from Individualized Shirts) have the gauntlet button. The cuff selection page doesn't specify the gauntlet button in the text or pictures. I don't plan on wearing it with the sleeves rolled up, although I may leave the gauntlet unbuttoned.

Is this common with a French cuff? Is there a way to order it without the button?

Last edited:

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Proper Cloth tuxedo shirt.

Stanton 120s White Broadcloth, President Spread Collar, Rounded French Cuff Cuff, Tuxedo Front Pique Front Placket

9B2ACB64-81C6-4102-A52B-96F6BC96B00C.jpeg

7F27A185-97A7-4FB1-9533-ABCB5E51AEEA.jpeg

3E5D3BA7-4300-47E5-85A8-0C1A4D620B57.jpeg

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where’s the blazer from?

Vintage Neiman Marcus.

I'd been considering getting that same shirt. Do the collar and cuffs have the pique texture or are they plain?

This shirt only has the pique on the bib. Their website is down right now. At least for me. 95% sure there is an option to have a different fabric on the collar and/or cuffs. I would have liked to have pique on the collar and cuffs too to be honest. I forgot.

tilesomoole

Reaction score
Alright, based on Seph's claims of an upgraded "shrinkage allowance" formula, the website's description of said calculations, I've gone ahead and ordered a couple of winter shirts. I've wanted to order in these fabrics for some time but got such a ridiculous fit on the first try that I've been leary. The japanese low-twist overshirt in particular looks great, and I'll be glad to finally see it happen.

Both fabrics claim "standard shrinkage allowance is applied", and if I understand the site correctly, that means that only the cuff and colar around measurements will be augmented, so the rest of the shirt should fit according to my provided measurements. We'll see how it goes. They should arrive with plenty of cold weather left.

If it works, I'll be making a larger purchase for sure.

Does anyone have any experience with their sportcoats? do they clone existing models?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 27 17.6%

Forum statistics

Threads