• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i almost did the soft Milano on my newest shirt, but have a mental block against the two buttons on the collar band.

however, that might be my only option going forward. such a shame because the fabrics are killer! the cotton/linen oxford is unbelievable.
How heavy is the cotton/linen oxford? Is good in warmer temps? I see it's labeled medium weight

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How heavy is the cotton/linen oxford? Is good in warmer temps? I see it's labeled medium weight
Medium is accurate; definitely not light like madras, but it isn't thick like the heavy Oxford cloth.
I have one that's a few years old, though I'm not sure if it's the exact same cloth (it is the same composition however), and it's one of my favorite warm-weather shirts both with and without a tie if anybody wears ties anymore.
The drape of it is way better pure linen, which is all droopy and sad. This has outstanding linen texture but enough body from the cotton to stand up pretty well. I wear it year-round for that reason.

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Medium is accurate; definitely not light like madras, but it isn't thick like the heavy Oxford cloth.
I have one that's a few years old, though I'm not sure if it's the exact same cloth (it is the same composition however), and it's one of my favorite warm-weather shirts both with and without a tie if anybody wears ties anymore.
The drape of it is way better pure linen, which is all droopy and sad. This has outstanding linen texture but enough body from the cotton to stand up pretty well. I wear it year-round for that reason.
Thanks! Seems worth a shot

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As ever, it depends on your tolerance for weather. For me (SoCal climate most of the year), I treat the C/L Oxford as a fall/winter fabric. It's certainly airier than a densely woven cotton, and FAR airier than a heavier cotton oxford, but pure linen wears much, much cooler...particularly if you're comparing PC's current offerings.
But, that being said, it's a great fabric for a shirt. I'm a big fan.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have pictures of polo shirts with the Ivy BD? I've thought about having them made, but I notice my softer and lighter shirts in the Ivy BD no longer have a roll.

My chambray shirt, for example, has a pretty anemic roll with not much volume.

Seph

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Seph
Is there any reason (fabric, construction, etc.) why two pants of the exact same custom size would fit differently? I ordered the Bowery White Stretch Heavy Cotton Chino and the Sullivan Navy Stretch Cotton Twill 5 Pocket Pant. The former fits perfectly--arguably the best fitting pair of pants I've ever owned. The latter feels tight in the waist/hip/upper thigh. Is this expected?

Thanks for trying these pants out! Casual Pants are still a newer territory for us so we're continuing to learn here. If the 5-pocket pants and the chinos have the same dimensions one would expect/want them to fit the same. My best guess is that one fabric has less stretch and thus feels tighter. We've also seen that thicker fabrics can feel tighter. So I'm guessing the twill is a slightly heavier/less-stretchy fabric and it's causing the tightness.

Seph

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Tried searching for this but couldn't find the answer. Forgive me if it's already been asked:

Do the performance chinos cuff? I own some of the heavy cotton chinos and they cuff really well. I don't expect the performance (ie: nylon) version to cuff as well, but I'm hoping they cuff reasonably well. Anybody have any firsthand experience? See here for an example.

I haven't worn these myself yet, but I asked our stylist and he says your assumption is pretty accurate. They will cuff, but they won't form as hard of a fold as the heavy cotton/stretch pants.

never_behind

Reaction score
Is anyone else having issues where shirts are coming in at measurements way off the saved size? I just ordered a madras and the waist is 0.75” off on the half measure after washing. I get tolerance but 1.5” of excess fabric just seems, well, excessive. I had the same issue with a previous order they had to remake.

cuponoodles

Reaction score
Hey, Seph -- I know it's a potentially niche option, but would love to see a drawstring option on the pants (a la here, here, or here). There must be an audience for it if there are so many iterations popping up, and it's definitely a look I think matches well with the latest work from home trends and blends 2021 comfort aesthetic with classic styling. Just something to consider.

Seph

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is anyone else having issues where shirts are coming in at measurements way off the saved size? I just ordered a madras and the waist is 0.75” off on the half measure after washing. I get tolerance but 1.5” of excess fabric just seems, well, excessive. I had the same issue with a previous order they had to remake.

That sounds strange. Was it bigger or smaller? Have you contacted customer service about that?

Seph

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey, Seph -- I know it's a potentially niche option, but would love to see a drawstring option on the pants (a la here, here, or here). There must be an audience for it if there are so many iterations popping up, and it's definitely a look I think matches well with the latest work from home trends and blends 2021 comfort aesthetic with classic styling. Just something to consider.

Yeah - this is in development and should be available in the next month or so.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads