• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Regarding the stock or default settings for the Pima heavy OCBD, is it possible on the website to make the collar points a smidge longer for a bit more roll?

thanks

Seph

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Regarding the stock or default settings for the Pima heavy OCBD, is it possible on the website to make the collar points a smidge longer for a bit more roll?

thanks
We're not doing fabric specific adjustments to collar styles - and I don't see us adding anything like that since it would get complicated fast. But if you want longer collar points for more roll, there is probably an alternative collar style you could switch to that is slightly larger. I'm not sure what you're starting from, but perhaps one of the Roma collars is what you're after.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not a flannel guy, but this is awfully tempting.

6d6cf2ad20349b64bc86c98625da0d20_page_extra.jpg

Love the colours and I feel cozy just looking at it.

driving glove

Reaction score
My Lafayette Slate Brushed Cotton Jacket just arrived and, while, not cheap, is a great choice.
Really nice shade and great matte finish to the cotton twill that suit the dull nickel snaps. Lined and comfortable for a walk in 40 degree weather. Large size is long enough in arms and body for my 6'2" frame and collar is generous enough to frame the face when flipped up.. Smart fabric, and cut mean that I can see a scale of formality of use from white tee and jeans, to chinos, OCBD, and knit tie.

feb112020

Reaction score
Hi everyone! After a few remakes, I finally dialed in a decent size in a linen fabric. I then moved on to a twill fabric and even increased some of the dimensions. I just got the twill shirt and it's much tighter despite this. Borderline unweraable. Is this a known issue when going from linen to twill? Thanks.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! After a few remakes, I finally dialed in a decent size in a linen fabric. I then moved on to a twill fabric and even increased some of the dimensions. I just got the twill shirt and it's much tighter despite this. Borderline unweraable. Is this a known issue when going from linen to twill? Thanks.
I’ve never seen a case that extreme—although I did have a linen shirt I ended up sending back because it didn’t shrink the expected amount and stayed too big for me. Customer service went above and beyond, and offered me a remake in a different fabric. Give them a shout.

bantone

Reaction score
Proper Cloth Beacon Flannel coming in HOT!

VQmoiTN.png

Just got it in today. I think I dialed down the casual fit. Made the sleeve width 1/4" in smaller and the length of the shirt shorter by 2".

This is with this fabric is that it is thinner than I anticipated but I think it's a great layering piece and it's versatile and SUPER soft.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Proper Cloth Beacon Flannel coming in HOT!

VQmoiTN.png

Just got it in today. I think I dialed down the casual fit. Made the sleeve width 1/4" in smaller and the length of the shirt shorter by 2".

This is with this fabric is that it is thinner than I anticipated but I think it's a great layering piece and it's versatile and SUPER soft.
It looks so comfy. I’m waiting for a flannel shirt with those flap pockets, too. It’s a great look.

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Japanese low-twist fabrics are great. I got the blue & green one posted above last year, and am considering others this year. Gitman regularly uses these fabrics, & I've seen them in a few other places (and everybody annoying claims that its an "exclusive' fabric), but the Proper Cloth price is about 60% of what the Gitman will set you back.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Seph Kudos on your last few features. You won me over back in 2013 with Here Is New York and Soft Collars and Coffee. After that your products kept getting better but I wasn't feeling the stories you were telling. Which didn't stop me from only ever wearing PC shirts even now. But these last couple cinematic features blew my mind. I almost wept watching Jackson. And Cedar Lake is like Hitchcock directing Ozark.

Anyway. Thanks.
1605646262239.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics