• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah gotcha! One more question.

I want to get a white shirt to replace one of of my ill fitting shirts. What fabric would you recommend as a smart casual white shirt fabric for that? I appreciate it.
I agree with @Seph about that Comfort Oxford. Another fantastic one is the Albiate White Cotton Linen Denim (PCF1905). It has beautiful texture and wears in with character.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The TM terra cotta shirt and the VBC black wool/silk jacket. I am very impressed with both and now I want this shirt in the grey stripe version. Collar is the soft ivy button down. I debated the soft roma button down but felt like the collar band may be too tall for my liking. Has anyone tried it? What are your thoughts on the band height?

2020-10-14 10.33.44_edited.jpg

gld edmond

Reaction score
The TM terra cotta shirt and the VBC black wool/silk jacket. I am very impressed with both and now I want this shirt in the grey stripe version. Collar is the soft ivy button down. I debated the soft roma button down but felt like the collar band may be too tall for my liking. Has anyone tried it? What are your thoughts on the band height?

View attachment 1484521
Looks great, I was going to order this same shirt, if I remember right it is not wrinkle resistant, how has it been wearing for you, and your thoughts on the material in general?

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks great, I was going to order this same shirt, if I remember right it is not wrinkle resistant, how has it been wearing for you, and your thoughts on the material in general?

So far so good but it's only been a couple wears and one wash. The material has a great hand and weight.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried a knit pique for a button-up shirt? How does it look under a sport coat?

TweedAvenger

Reaction score
Placed my very first order the other day. I must say, I'm really impressed with how easy they make it; from getting a good idea of how the material and options will look when made into a shirt, to tweaking the measurements. I'm excited to order more after this test shirt.

I can't shake the feeling I've messed up somewhere, though. ?

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Placed my very first order the other day. I must say, I'm really impressed with how easy they make it; from getting a good idea of how the material and options will look when made into a shirt, to tweaking the measurements. I'm excited to order more after this test shirt.

I can't shake the feeling I've messed up somewhere, though. ?
Welcome to the club! Their interface is so user friendly, it can get addictive. As for messing up, you probably did—so after you wash it, show some pictures to customer service and take advantage of the fantastic re-make policy.

gld edmond

Reaction score
I have two Proper Cloth shirts, one non iron, one WR, I am curious to get some opinions of the non treated fabrics, do they hold up well through the day? Does doing a quick steam get them looking sharp after a wash? Any thought would be greatly appreciated

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried a knit pique for a button-up shirt? How does it look under a sport coat?
Today’s email mostly answered my question. It only shows polo shirts with tailored jackets, but it helps me see that a pique button-up would be great under a jacket, too. Thanks, @Seph
1603850043269.jpeg

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have two Proper Cloth shirts, one non iron, one WR, I am curious to get some opinions of the non treated fabrics, do they hold up well through the day? Does doing a quick steam get them looking sharp after a wash? Any thought would be greatly appreciated
The fabrics are all different. The heavy oxfords don’t even need a steam: hang them wet and they dry smooth.

ErPupone4

Reaction score
I just received my first cashmere sweater from Proper Cloth and must say it is a wonderful product. The cashmere is very high quality and so soft and warm. I'll definitely be picking up more in the future.

roostertailedcow

Reaction score

View attachment 1484521
Search for my older post where I have put some pictures.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads